Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been thinking of adding gauges to my 08, but being in 50:50 with my dad he doesn't want anything done if it can void/will void warranty. Ive talked tot he local dealer and they don't know.

So my question is do any of your dealers have anything on file about gauges, and voiding warranties.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
My truck has been to the dealer and they have never said anything about them while doing warrenty work.

When i spoke to my dealer about "mods" he said it will only affect your warrenty if the "mod" is directly related to the problem. I can't see them voiding anything because of added Gauges.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I would check with the dealer you service the truck at. Technically if you were to have an electrical problem, they could put it on your aftermarket gauges. Therefore, I would get your dealer to install or sign off on any gauge modifications. Your dealer is trying to leave himself an out. I would not settle for IDK! The problem with dealers is as Brentc points out some will ignore the mods unless it directly affects the defective parts. Therefore, there is no concrete way of knowing unless you know your dealer.

·
Retired Engineer
557 Posts
I had the dealer install the gauges. Reason, very difficult to know if the truck was in Regen without a pyrometer. Some dealer will use the excuse that gauges are only used to modify a truck's performance. I run my truck by the gauges for maximum fuel efficiency and monitor the proper operation of the transmission ETC.
If the dealer gives you any grief call a Chrysler Rep and complain that the dealer will not install gauges so you can monitor the engine and transmission parameters without a pyrometer and a transmission temp gauge and without a boost gauge it is difficult to maximize your driving style for maximum fuel efficiency.
Let them squirm on that one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had warranty denied because of gauges, rep said that they would not touch the truck,because of the gauges.I am my own warranty station now!!check anyways

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems like i have to do some more in-depth searching thanks guy's

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Mechanical gauges shouldn't be an issue. There's nothing illegal about monitoring what your motor is doing, it's the monitors that can give you problems. Most dealers automatically assume if you have a monitor, that it's some kind of programmer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Digital gauges are a problem. got our warranty restricted off of our edge insight monitor. Dealer said it was a tuner because it sent and received info and promptly dumped our warranty. took pics and fired it to the DSM saying it was a tuner and voila! no more warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts