Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow, it appears this old thread is revived!

In my opinion, don’t trade any truck to a “dealer”, deleted or not! Sell the truck your self. There are many people looking for YOUR truck. The dealer will low ball you. The paperwork may look great, but any dealer will hide the true trade value. You can save thousands by selling it yourself.
With that said, many folks are looking for a deleted truck. True, it’s getting harder to find tuners, but they are still out there. The EPA is going after the big guys, attempting to shut down online retailers selling delete kits, tunes, etc.. but the smaller guys are still there (visit your local diesel shop). Plus, you can still go online today and order a full delete kit, plus tunes (for off road use only :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Why don't we have to worry after the truck is 7 yrs old you won't get your yearly sticker without an emissions check, then every 2 years after that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Canada has all the same emission problems, I got pulled over without a cat, I was given 10 days to install it, or enjoy the fine I put a cat on truck

Reactions: tryNto

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Not all of them do! I'd buy one in a heartbeat and think i was getting a deal if I didn't pay more. Caveat being you need to know what youre looking at and make the risk vs reward decision and feel youre knowledgable enough to analyze whats in front of you.
Agree, from a dealer, I'd be more wary as I couldn't size up the previous owner in the same light I'm sizing up the vehicle. I'll only buy used vehicles private party and none of this meet me in a parking lot crap. "Seeing" where and how the truck lived is as important as looking at the truck itself.
Bought my last 2 trucks tuned. Would I have bought it from a kid in an apartment complex with bald rear tires? Nope, but when u see 2 car seats in the back and it's sitting in a nice garage and the wife is joking about how the husband is selling her other "baby" and theres a new one in the driveway....
you get it. its a subjective process but not an absolute by any means.
Well, since this thread is back to the top, I actually did buy a deleted '16 last fall. Wasn't specifically looking for one, but had my old 07 Mega up for sale and randomly someone wanted to trade our old truck and older truck camper for his 2016. It was at first, the proverbial "kid with bald tires" thing. Younger guy, lifted truck full of lights, and accessories and brodozer wheels!
Initial response was no thanks, but he brought the truck over and with some care and questioning, it was pretty evident that it was a commuter pavement princess.
Have put 10-15k miles on it now. Runs like a champ, just like a 5.9 and no regrets!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts