Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
The dealership I bought mine from took mine in on a trade fully deleted and put it back stock and I bought it actually the salesman that sold it to me had it so I just got the deleted stuff from him traded a pistol for it so yes they take deleted trucks I’m sure most any of them will do anything for a sale

Whoa. That's one helluva run-on sentence.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
What are the benefits of deleting? Power, fuel economy, longevity?

I’m new to diesel power and honesty don’t know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Go look on google for engine damage due to diesel egr. It's brutal what garbage gets passed into the intake from the emissions equipment. We have a bobcat skidsteer with a interim tier engine (full dpf and egr). It required a full rebuild at 4500 hours because the egr fed soot back into the intake and destroyed the bores. Constant rpm engines like that used to last 12-15000 hours before requiring an overhaul. Now they barely survive 4k.

Long story short, emissions hardware reduces pollution but significantly reduces longevity.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
My 08 was deleted and just threw the emissions stuff in the back and they put it on. Picked up the deleted stuff after they took it off. If they want the deal they'll do the swap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Traded my 2012 in Texas last week deleted with 139k miles on it. Dealership told me only matters if truck is under the 100k warranty if so they wont take trades deleted otherwise they dont care. Said they actually resale faster if deleted. Just had to let my programmer go with the truck.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My buddy traded in his deleted LML Duramax in for a new Powerstroke this week. Today they called and said they needed the exhaust for it. He told the salesman it was deleted and the salesman apparently didn’t comprehend what that meant. Anyways, the deal is done and he has his new truck, it’s the dealerships problem now.

Reactions: Peterman9000

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Even the people who do want to delete, prefer to buy an un deleted one and do it themselves so they know it was done right and the truck was not abused. No one wants to buy someone else's problem.
Not all of them do! I'd buy one in a heartbeat and think i was getting a deal if I didn't pay more. Caveat being you need to know what youre looking at and make the risk vs reward decision and feel youre knowledgable enough to analyze whats in front of you.
Agree, from a dealer, I'd be more wary as I couldn't size up the previous owner in the same light I'm sizing up the vehicle. I'll only buy used vehicles private party and none of this meet me in a parking lot crap. "Seeing" where and how the truck lived is as important as looking at the truck itself.
Bought my last 2 trucks tuned. Would I have bought it from a kid in an apartment complex with bald rear tires? Nope, but when u see 2 car seats in the back and it's sitting in a nice garage and the wife is joking about how the husband is selling her other "baby" and theres a new one in the driveway....
you get it. its a subjective process but not an absolute by any means.

Reactions: hseII

·
Registered
334 Posts
Would I have bought it from a kid in an apartment complex with bald rear tires? Nope, but when u see 2 car seats in the back and it's sitting in a nice garage and the wife is joking about how the husband is selling her other "baby" and theres a new one in the driveway....
you get it. its a subjective process but not an absolute by any means.
Good insight right here

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Power, no more dead pedal. Fuel economy goes up. Not much on a 2013+ but it goes up. Longevity will still be the same, except now you won’t have to deal with emission equipment repairs.
Can you do a partial delete? I've heard "full delete" so I'm assuming there is such a thing as partial. For instance can you pull the EGR only? Do you need to get a tune?

I hot rodded the crap out of my 02, but I'm confused as f*#k about my 2015! TIA

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Can you do a partial delete? I've heard "full delete" so I'm assuming there is such a thing as partial. For instance can you pull the EGR only? Do you need to get a tune?

I hot rodded the crap out of my 02, but I'm confused as f*#k about my 2015! TIA
Yes you can just get a EGRless tune. But you'll be regenning more frequently and running through more DEF.

R.K.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Sorry for the hijack. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
does here, they use a third-party to get around any violations.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
I didn’t know it was illegal to take one in on trade for a dealer, I knew it probably want right to sell one, but once they go to auction isn’t is a different story? I mean, it’s illegal for a dealer to take a trade in on a deleted truck even if they say they intended to bring it up to epa Regs?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
One has to consider trade in value of a deleted truck vs stock truck. Me personally I would never buy a used deleted truck. You're on someone elses borrowed time and you bought their headache. But that's just my opinion.

R.K.
That is logical but there are probably plenty of deleted owners on here who aren’t on borrowed time and maintain their vehicles meticulously, and the next owner would be lucky as they are probably in better shape then a lot of factory trucks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Absolutely they take deleted trucks. I’ve traded in 2 deleted trucks. I threw all my emissions equipment in the trash.
What state and dealer? I'm in the process right now of either going back to stock to smog and trade in, or sell it deleted and avoid the hassle of returning it to stock.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
The last post is over 2 years old. No dealer is likely to take one under the new administration.
If they take one in around here, they run it to the auction. As is Where is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just bought mine from a dealer fully deleted. I’m in Alberta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
9,788 Posts
when i was trying to trade in my 12, they would take it, for about 50% value. Sold it private party, no plans to delete my 18, even when parts and good tuning was available for it

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had my deleted 2011 Laramie CC 4x4 in the dealer in Laramie, WY in 2014 and they begged me to trade it in, and I was in for service.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts