Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Silverline SS TBE and test fitted it tonight by laying it all out under the truck. Looks like the long a$$ muffler is in line with the last EGT sensor in the back. Waiting on a code-free BADP module which re-uses all the sensors. How important is it to line all the EGT sensors up exactly where they were in the stock exhaust.

It doesn't look like I can move that last EGT sensor further back past the muffler cause the wires won't reach. Can I put it in front of the muffler where the 2nd bank of sensors are and be OK? Not sure what my options are here. I don't want to straight pipe it, but that muffler is definately in the way

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
Well, I'm not an expert on the 6.7's but my guess is you have 2 options:

1- I dont think the placement of the sensors is very crutial so go ahead and install them where you can.

2- Splice in some extra wire.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I would keep it as close as possible but if you move it forward a little it should be fine. I moved mine for my stacks and havent had a single issue.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Move it forward a few inches...that's what I did.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1- I dont think the placement of the sensors is very crutial so go ahead and install them where you can.QUOTE]

I think you're right about this. I just checked on the BADP site and it looks like they have all the sensors in one peice of tubing 39.5" long, which is the exact length of the tubing in my kit. The 1st and last sensor in the stock exhaust are over 50" apart, so I guess it's ok that they're not in the same place on the 5" pipe.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It works fine for the guys that are running stacks or sidepipes (see Garry Verheyden's on his side pipes) Just move it a few inches forward

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Move it forward a few inches...that's what I did.
It would have to be more than a few inches on mine. It would be before the muffler which is at least a foot forward, maybe more, of where it is now. You got any pics?

I'm gonna do it like in the pic at the bottm of this page 5tbeinstall

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn that is cool. Thanks for the advice guys...almost had a panic attack when I first lined it all up :thud: I feel much better now and the heart palpitations have settled down. I want this crap off NOW!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hear, hear:beer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts