Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched here and on youtube looking for anyone that has built their own shim kit to no avail. Does anyone know how to do this or the dimensions of what is needed so that i can make one? I have a full machine shop at my disposal but dont know what is needed without tearing my rail apart is performed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
.350 O.D. .095 Thick. If you go onto the 6.7L tech section there should be a write up and a video on there on how to do it. Most guys use 3 number 4 washers. That measure the dimensions I gave you early if you want to make it out of one piece. That is what i did.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

·
Registered
282 Posts
FYI...Make sure you use stainless steel washers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Grab your Calipers, and head to the hardware store.

Like stated above, use Stainless Steel.

That's what I did, and I can only guess how it upped my rail pressure. I did notice a slight improvement in performance, after doing this.

I now get 27.5K- 28.5K(according to my PMT and their latest file(which runs great! Even with the Extreme being a little softer.)) at WOT.

-Rhyno

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goint to tackle it in the morning! Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
.350 O.D. .095 Thick. If you go onto the 6.7L tech section there should be a write up and a video on there on how to do it. Most guys use 3 number 4 washers. That measure the dimensions I gave you early if you want to make it out of one piece. That is what i did.
This works perfectly! Thanks for the measurements.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Just finished doing mine last week, The #4 AN washers is correct but it is a 20mm nut, not a 18mm as stated in the U-tube video, best to take the plug with you when you go to the fastener store. Runninglean races his drag truck with only one washer, his thoughts on it is that three turns it into a plug, I measured with calipers and compromised, used two instead of three. Good luck, its is a very easy fix.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
and FWIW, just use one washer when you shim it, it's enough to make it hold 27.5k all day long yet still act as a relief valve on a pressure spike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ordered the ppe shim kit and got it in. But the directions are for 6.6 duramax and to say use two washers and three for the duramaximizer. So how many do i use on my 6.7 if the thickness of the washer is .030?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
PPE shim kit is $12. Not really worth the time piecing one together
Why wouldn't you do it yourself?
Had the washer and nut, cost me my time.

and FWIW, just use one washer when you shim it, it's enough to make it hold 27.5k all day long yet still act as a relief valve on a pressure spike.
Yup, good info. I just used one myself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts