Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i got the skinny on how to hook up all the resistors but what i dont know is what to do with the 2 1/4" tubes that come off the exhaust and goes up to the rubber hoses.
I am planning on doing the 110 to 390 ohm on that plug. And does any one know where to go on this site that has better pics of the home made connections. Just looking for better ideas.

·
Premium Member
3,823 Posts
most just leave them open what ever ya do dont hook them together. some have posted they just capped both of them some are doing trial and errors to try and get code free

·
Registered
202 Posts
they are a style of potentiometers i belive they work of venturi vacuum created by the flow of air in the exhaust

who makes a good one dpf delete with no codes and no BS service

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
they are a style of potentiometers i belive they work of venturi vacuum created by the flow of air in the exhaust

who makes a good one dpf delete with no codes and no BS service
H&S, customer service bar none, kits may throw a code but couple the XRT tuner when deleting the dpf and you are code and light free.

James
RSD

·
Registered
844 Posts
This is what you need if you don't have a code free programmer like the XRT.
I believe you need 3 sims for the egt probes, and reuse the 02 sensors. The pressure sensor tubes can just be unplugged.

I believe to have an exhaust with NO sensors in it you need the XRT.

This is what I have read. I have not done a delete yet.

I don't want anything in the exhaust. Can this be done without the XRT programmer?

·
Cummins Newb
135 Posts
I think i got the skinny on how to hook up all the resistors but what i dont know is what to do with the 2 1/4" tubes that come off the exhaust and goes up to the rubber hoses.
I am planning on doing the 110 to 390 ohm on that plug. And does any one know where to go on this site that has better pics of the home made connections. Just looking for better ideas.
Just tootin' my own horn a bit for DIY solutions (and stealing ideas from others). Check out my article: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6...ssion/132684-flo-pro-5-exhaust-installed.html

Let us know if you have more specific questions. And good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
This is what you need if you don't have a code free programmer like the XRT.
I believe you need 3 sims for the egt probes, and reuse the 02 sensors. The pressure sensor tubes can just be unplugged.

I believe to have an exhaust with NO sensors in it you need the XRT.

This is what I have read. I have not done a delete yet.

I don't want anything in the exhaust. Can this be done without the XRT programmer?
No, you will need bungs for the o2 sensors if not running the XRT.

James
RSD

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just curious, is the DIY on the Cummins kind of like the DOC on the Powerstroke? Being the cat...
DIY is "do it yourself"
The cummins and powerjoke have similar exhaust systems DOC and DPF.
However, the cummins has a NOx trap in the down pipe so it will meet 2010 emissions in 2007. This causes us many headaches but gets cummins reach-arounds from the EPA.

·
MOD-A-HAULIC
1,264 Posts
DIY is "do it yourself"
The cummins and powerjoke have similar exhaust systems DOC and DPF.
However, the cummins has a NOx trap in the down pipe so it will meet 2010 emissions in 2007. This causes us many headaches but gets cummins reach-arounds from the EPA.

:hehe: :ditto:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does any one know witch one is the DPF and witch one is the CAT?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If the cat is in the down pipe, what is the one between the downpipe and the DPF. The medium sized one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info. We bought 2 of these trucks and we are going to do the deletes on one tomarrow.

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Cummins Newb
135 Posts
:yourock:
do ya get the anoying over head ding i dont mind a check engine light mine is always on ....my egr has a problem staying plugged in havent figured it out yet:hehe:
Nope, no annoying overhead ding or signals. Just the check engine light with lightning bolt (EGR & butterfly valve got sucked into the engine). But my Edge clears it all in 10 seconds so I'm "code free".:headbang:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts