Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i did my DIY DPF delete about a week ago, and everything has been running great. I did the pressure fooler with the 110 390 set-up, and also put 330s in all 3 EGT probes plugs. Now normally my Pyro temp runs about 800 all day, but lately i have noticed it jumping up to about 1050. I drive the same way as when its hitting 800 but for some reason its running hotter now. I noticed that when its running hotter like this i hear the whistle coming from my exhaust, and also have a much deeper sound coming from the exhaust. Has anyone had this happen or might know whats causing this? I really have not had and codes except the P2000, and P2453 codes just once. I cleared those and nothing has popped back up. I was thinking that its going into regen but i have no programmer to really check if its doing that. No white smoke coming from the exhaust like i have read that some people have. Any ideas?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
How are you reading EGT's You have an add-on Pyro? What are you reading/clearing with?
The EGT foolers would have your OEM EGT's reading about 1200 steady. They really shouldn't move. Clearly not down to 800.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you reading EGT's You have an add-on Pyro? What are you reading/clearing with?
I have boost,pyro, and tranny temp gauges installed, and i am clearing my codes with a code reader.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
You might want to check the connections on your EGT foolers. If 1 or more have bad/lost connection then you may indeed be going into a regen. That's what it looks like to me. The foolers are meant to fool the ECM into thinking you are already running too hot to do a regen, like towing etc.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might want to check the connections on your EGT foolers. If 1 or more have bad/lost connection then you may indeed be going into a regen. That's what it looks like to me. The foolers are meant to fool the ECM into thinking you are already running too hot to do a regen, like towing etc.
Yea i will have to check this in the moring to make sure all of the connections are good. Would this throw a code if the egt realize it isnt plug in?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Yea i will have to check this in the moring to make sure all of the connections are good. Would this throw a code if the egt realize it isnt plug in?
I think it could if open. A bad connection would still show a resistance hence a value. Just really low temp.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
where do you have your EGT pyro installed?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so went about two weeks with no problems, and now over about the past week i have gotten the P1451 code twice, and my truck has kicked into regen. i have the sims in the egts with the 330's which are made with the nice factory connectors. I have the pressure fooler still done, but i was wondering if i should try just plugging the pressure sender back in to see if that stops it from going into regen.The connections on the pressure sender might be lose but i checked and they seem fine. I wish we could find out where to get that damn connector from to make the presure fooler correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts