Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done there own big line kit on a 2gen. I live by napa and a few other parts stores so should be able to find the fittings just need to know which ones to buy. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has done there own big line kit on a 2gen. I live by napa and a few other parts stores so should be able to find the fittings just need to know which ones to buy. Thanks for any help
your better off to buy a big line kit from any vendor. The time it takes you to find the right fittings and cost to you, you could have ordered it from a online shop. They are only like 30 bucks so it seems worth it. I got one from dieselautopower(jkidd) and it came with a tapped 90* for a FP gauge!:party018:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I did my own. I have a speed shop nearby and I got some 1/2" hose and AN fittings. I have a pressure port right at the VP inlet and it's ran the way I want it. If I remember I saved like 10 bucks and I didn't have to wait for UPS. I also think I got better quality fittings then I have seen in these kits.

·
Registered
72 Posts
12 x 1.5 metric for the VP44 inlet. I re-tapped my factory filter canister to 3/8 pipe thread. My pump is aftermarket and relocated back by the tank, so I don't know what size the fittings are for it.

One suggestion; put a t-fitting on the filter canister outlet and install a brass valve there. A valve makes re-priming the fuel canister an easy job.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. Once I get the big line kit on I just bump the starter a few times to prime everything up before starting right?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bump the starter and let the pump run..repeat as needed, the valve I posted about will speed the process, or you can just pull one of the plugs from the top of the filter housing.

If the truck refuses to start, you might have to crack an injector line or three at the head to bleed the injection lines, until the truck starts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here is what I did on mine. I hav 8AN from the tank to the factory filter and 6AN from the factory filter to the pump.

Here is the part numbers from Summit Racing.
RUS-670343, Russell ProClassic Fuel Pressure Take Off Fittings Fitting, Fuel Pressure Take Off, -6 AN Male to -6 AN Female, 1/ 8 in..
This is the fitting into the injection pump(also the fuel canister): RUS-670511 END METRIC ADAPT #6X12MM 1.5.
You then need a hose adapter(For both ends of your flexible hose): SUM-220711 TWIST-TITE -6 END 90 DEGREE.
I used 2556-6 AEROQUIP 3/8” HOSE SOCKETLESS, from my local injection pump shop. It's pretty stout stuff. Not super flexible, but the 90 degree fittings make up for it.
I also put a tee in the gauge line so I can add an external gauge to check my current setup.
Summit also carries the above in 8AN if you want to do that.
There are other manufactures of these socketless fiiting out there if you want to look. I believe Vulcan Performance carries them also. I like Summit because they carry several brands, usually have what you want in stock and ship the same day if your order is placed before 9pm. For me their standard delivery takes 2 days to get to me. The west coast is five days ship time. Hope this helps.

Reactions: JHoward

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for all the help. Would I be good going with 3/8 hose or should I go with 1/2 line. My goal is 450 hp when I am done with everything.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did 1/2 to my lift pump and 3/8 from the pump to the injection pump. I tend toward functional parts at a reasonable price. Bling means little to me.

·
Vendor
8,342 Posts
If you don't need the tapped fitting you can get it for a few $ less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts