Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend a DIY bedliner?

I pulled the carpet and flooring in my 90 to redo the minor floor damage from the vent leaking. I'm not putting any floor covering back down, so I was looking at a DIY bedliner to coat the floor? I've seen several that are two part and sprayed, probably better than a one-pot deal?

Short of having it sprayed with Rhinoliner, any options?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
U-Pol Raptor lining is some of the best stuff I've used. You spray it directly out of the bottle it ships in. Mix in the hardener, screw the fun on the bottle, and spray. The stuff dries rock hard and is tough as nails. Better than any of the 1 steps I've tried.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U-Pol Raptor lining is some of the best stuff I've used. You spray it directly out of the bottle it ships in. Mix in the hardener, screw the fun on the bottle, and spray. The stuff dries rock hard and is tough as nails. Better than any of the 1 steps I've tried.

That's good to know about U-Pol, I bought a kit last night based on the Amazon reviews. I was sort of leaning towards a two-part...I bought their smaller kit since I'm just doing the cab interior. If it works well, I may try spraying the rockers and lower bedsides.

Daughter wants to paint it woodland camo eventually...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the first coat, two bottles of the 4l (4 bottle) kit...the Schutz gun works well at 40psi. Letting it flash right now before coat #2, which will be all I do...

We did do rust converter on the rust, did patch a couple small holes with fiberglass, and primed the entire floor with UPol #8 acid etch primer. The only thing I would have done differently is I would have staged my restoration different as we got a batch of paint overspray on the freshly primed floor that we halved to remove.

I like it...

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is the first coat, two bottles of the 4l (4 bottle) kit...the Schutz gun works well at 40psi. Letting it flash right now before coat #2, which will be all I do...

We did do rust converter on the rust, did patch a couple small holes with fiberglass, and primed the entire floor with UPol #8 acid etch primer. The only thing I would have done differently is I would have staged my restoration different as we got a batch of paint overspray on the freshly primed floor that we halved to remove.

I like it...

Looks damn good. Let us know how it cures after 2 coats!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice workmanship
It's actually very forgiving...not hard to do at all. They state it's all about the preparation, spraying it was the easy part...and I find that to be true.

I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone, regardless of experience level.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks damn good. Let us know how it cures after 2 coats!

Second coat is done and already tacked up, turned out really nice. I'll get some photos tomorrow after it has some time to cure...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Second coat is done and set, will start putting things back together tomorrow.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's actually very forgiving...not hard to do at all. They state it's all about the preparation, spraying it was the easy part...and I find that to be true.

I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone, regardless of experience level.

Same here, last time I used it I found it easy to spray and what I liked is it dried hard as nails. Good stuff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Be cautious of using Berliner inside a truck. Was doing research on it a couple years ago and some of the chemicals they use in this stuff is pretty rough. From what I understood when the firewall and floorboards heat up they release fumes into the fairly sealed cab and can be hard on you. There were a few brands that stated they were ok to use inside but can’t remember which ones. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Be cautious of using Berliner inside a truck. Was doing research on it a couple years ago and some of the chemicals they use in this stuff is pretty rough. From what I understood when the firewall and floorboards heat up they release fumes into the fairly sealed cab and can be hard on you. There were a few brands that stated they were ok to use inside but can’t remember which ones. Just food for thought.
Thanks, but the cab on this truck is anything but airtight...

This is a two part epoxy, once it's cured, it should be fairly stable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts