Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned on my wipers and they were froze. I smelled burning wires turned off truck . Unhooked baterries and I could smell and I think I saw smoke from the distribution center. The truck runs and the wipers work . I worry about what burned in the distribution center and how to change it out. this is the second time this has happened the first time the AC caused it. I want to take it out and replace any wires I see that have been burned. Where should I start? Is there a method of getting the wires out.? It seems to me that I had a hard time the last time and ended up Soldering the wires and shrink wrapping the wire. Is there a better way? Can someone explain it to me?:confused013:

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Disconnect the passenger's side battery and REMOVE the driver's side battery. There's two 10mm bolts holding the PDC in on the fender. There's also one plastic clip on the underside.

The wiring harness is twisted so that you can flip the PDC over onto the battery tray (Hence why we removed the battery. You may have to remove the two large cables that go into the PDC from the alternator and battery.)

There are like five snaps on the edges of the PDC so that you can get the bottom cover off.

Most of the relay spots have a yellow retainer around them. Get a dentist pick to pull on those. The wires should slip out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will try when it wams up a little down here. Where do I Get a dentist pick?
Do you mean the curved one? Thanks for your reply. I Always get good ideas here.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Some auto parts stores have them... Other than that, I dunno. Harbor Freight is where I got mine.

Steal them next time you go to the dentists office... The little hook thing they use to get between your teeth is perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.