Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home on Saturday afternoon and found that the box my DPF kit came in was torn during shipping. I opened to inspect the contents and only found on fooler box. Did get the Edge W/Att and S&B installed and am very satisfied so far. Gonna call PDI this AM and get the fooler boxes on the way. The one that was in the box was loose with the pipes. I am afraid that it could have gotten damaged during shipping. Gonna see if they will send all three.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Mine came in the same way, torn open luckily all the contents were there! My major pain was that ups had smashed both end of my delete pipe and i had to try to make them round again before I could install and the downpipe had to be ground down before it would mate all the way up to the turbo but after all was said and done I'm glad I did it! BTW they sent me a straight pipe that was flared on both ends and as you can imagine that doesn't work with existing pipe so I had to go to town to find a piece of 4" pipe to go between delete and muffler!

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
wow sounds like there during a wonderful job they need to learn how to pack stuff right so that wouldnt happen, I would be pissed if it were me

·
Registered
397 Posts
i think ups isnt very careful, therefore no tellin how your kit may arrive!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
It is most likely UPS and their "careful" handling of packages. Most of the time when I get a package shipped through them it looks like a tank ran over it. Maybe they are trying to change things as the last 2 boxes I got were in perfect shape.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I have great luck with UPS. Never had a damaged package. And they deliver to my place probly 2 times a week.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
All the exhaust stuff i have gotten has been fine. Never a bit of damage.

·
UNDERCONSTRUCTION
1,333 Posts
They like to leave my stuff in the rain without it wrapped in plastic i gave'em hell when i got my $350 headunit and the box was soaked fortunatley the headunit didn't get wet.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it Cummin

I talked to Brad at PDI and they are going to overnight the fooler boxes to me. Should have them today! I will make the 200 mile trip home and take off tomorrow and remove a few things!!!! I can't wait! The difference I am seeing with the Edge is impressive, I just can't imagine how Goliath will act after complete install!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Good to hear that PDI is taking care of you! Let us know how your new kit works after you try it out. Pics of the three box system would be cool to see also!

·
Registered
419 Posts
let us know how it fits. i got mine from pdi and the exit pipe after the muffler is very far back and sits very low. its not a hanger problem its just the design of the pipe. when i asked pdi about it they said you could twist it but that would just put it at a goofy angle. im thinking about hacking it off under the bed of the truck

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You should be able to work the piping around and get it to come our right. The one i did i thought the same thing as you, but a little tweaking and it all lined up fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts