Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it be done? Say you use the truck on your property and your in and out constantly, surely you can legally have the dealer turn it off? or do it yourself somehow?

·
Registered
103 Posts
There's a key on engine off buckle insert technique (5x maybe). I haven't tried it, but supposed to work on MY14 trucks.

Buckle/un buckle within x seconds. Same technique to turn it back on.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, thank you.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
When I first got my 03 I told the dealer to turn every beep, buzz, and chime off that they could. They did and it's been nice.

Reactions: donmacky

·
Registered
27 Posts
1. Make sure that all doors are closed.
2. Place key in the ignition. Do not turn on ignition. Buckle seat belt.
3. Turn the ignition key to the "On" position. The seat belt reminder light will turn off after a few moments.
4. Buckle and unbuckle your seat belt three times within 60 seconds of turning the vehicle on. Buckle your seat belt one more time.
5. Turn the ignition to "Lock." The chime will sound one time to indicate that BeltAlert has been disabled.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went to the junk yard and cut a seat belt and removed the male buckle portion off a wrecked car and then just plugged that into the Ram's seat belt receiver. Turns the light and evic warning off and you won't even notice it in the buckle.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The instructions are also in the manual.

It's not a big secret lol.

You would be surprised what's in the manual.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
715 Posts
The instructions are also in the manual.

It's not a big secret lol.

You would be surprised what's in the manual.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
All I can find in the manual is this notation...

"BeltAlert® can be enabled or disabled by your authorized
dealer. Chrysler Group LLC does not recommend
deactivating BeltAlert®.
NOTE: Although BeltAlert® has been deactivated, the
Seat Belt Reminder Light will continue to illuminate
while the driver’s or front passenger (if equipped with
BeltAlert®) seat belt remains unfastened."

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry waiting to take delivery of my truck. Drove me crazy in my buddies 1500 the other day so figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does anyone know of the sequence to turn off the seat belt chime with the keyless go option, I have tried multiple times putting the button in the run position and doing the latch and unlatch 3 times within 10 seconds, this is what worked on my 07 to turn it off. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard whether the keyless go method is different

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
watch the video

Reactions: 2000ctdpower

·
Registered
807 Posts
Video tells all I did it on my truck. I asked the dealer to do it, and actually got into a huge fight with the service manager because he tried to tell me that it's against federal law to disable seat belt warnings... That is, until I showed him the part in the owners manual that says to ask the dealer to disable the seat belt chime.

I have keyless go, and it worked the same as if you have a key.

Reactions: 2000ctdpower

·
Registered
656 Posts
It worked for me. Thanks for the post!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Will be doing this as well...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.