Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Disable Door Buzzer

7734 8
Best way to disable the door buzzer is to do it at the ignition. I wanted to be able to have my door open to listen to the radio without the constant buzzing. But I wanted to have the buzzer if I accidently leave my lights on. If I goof and lock my keys inside I can retrieve my hide a key but I have been known to leave the lights on when driving around sunrise.

It pretty quick and simple.
1. T20 torx to get into the steering column.
2. on the rightside of the column pull the four pin connector
getting the connector apart is quick if you know the trick of this one. Every connector is a puzzle. I fought with this one because I wasn't looking carefully.
3. this one has a pin lock panel which has push clips on both sides to release.
4. then each pin has a lock which is completely obvious on the bottom of the connector. I started with a jewelers screwdriver down in the connector hole, its not there.
5. remove the blue and black stripped wire, wrap and tape to the side of the ignition.

I checked the operation, no buzz with key, yes buzz with lights and open door, no buzz with lights and closed door ... and she starts. Good to go.
Reactions: cstalnaker
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
1,170 Posts
So if i leave my door open with headlights off can I listen to the radio sans the buzz?

· Registered
142 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Quick question why not just pull the wire off the door switch in the drivers door? just tape it off and push it in.
Didn't look to see how many wires run to the door switch, but doing that *may* disable the dome light as well. This way just seemed about the same difficulty wise, but easier to hook back up if i ever want to later.

· Registered
67 Posts
Didn't look to see how many wires run to the door switch, but doing that *may* disable the dome light as well. This way just seemed about the same difficulty wise, but easier to hook back up if i ever want to later.

The dome light is on another wire attached to the switch so it still works.

· Registered
142 Posts

· Registered
1,481 Posts
I didn't even know my truck had a buzzer... :D Someone beat me to the punch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.