Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know guys, do a search.... But honestly its easier to just ask then sort threw the hundreds of blowby threads. Ok so i'm wondering why when I push the truck above 25#'s of boost, oil flows out of the dipstick? I know about the catch can that's mounted on the front side of the engine, I don't think my truck has one because, I cant find it, not sure if im just looking in the wrong place or what. Also I don't have any oil build up on the radiator. So what do you guys think the issue is?

Bleed All American!
Could be your rings are bad or you have done scoring on your piston walls which could be letting alot of air into your crank case causing it to blow out of your dip stick. That happens in mt race car. I had to tat our down and bore out the block. hope that's not the case.

Bleed All American!
Could be your rings are bad or you have sone scoring on your piston walls which could be letting alot of air into your crank case causing it to blow out of your dip stick. That happend in mt race car. I had to tear it down and bore out the block. hope that's not the case.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Damn I really hope thats not the case

Bleed All American!
there really is no telling. But its something you would def want to get figured out. There is a possibility you can spin a bearing. Now I'm speaking from my gas motor knowledge. How is your oil pressure under a heavy acceleration?

Premium Member
Did this just happen?
does the AC doors work correctlly and quickly??
4WD and speed control work??
The hose/tube from vacuum pump is probablly damaged and leaking air into the vacuum system. Look at tube from pump to cowl and across to heater controls in cab. Also goes to speed control in front of dirver battery, down low..
If the vacuum pump cannot make vacuum, it pumps large amounts of air, trying to pull a vacuum on what should be a closed system. This large volume of air is pumped into the crankcase and blowby results as you rev the engine higher..

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Stevencritt- Oil pressure is fine, sits at 40 pounds at idle and up to about 65 or so when running down the road. I was kinda thinking it could be the vacuum pump, the controls seem to be working pretty well. I will definatly check those lines. This truck has giving me nothing but problems. Anyone know someone that wants a 24v.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts