Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not stand to listen to the dinger any longer. :banghead:So I took the gauge cluster out 3 screws for trim and 2 for cluster. Took lens off, just clips then you can take off the back, more clips, then pop the speaker off the back of the board, and be very happy, no more noises for anything!:party018:Only takes about 10min, I highly recomend it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hopefully this wasn't just for the seatbelt ding, as that can be disabled separately.

If you want no dinger for anything, ever again, than props to you! I suppose that is an effective method lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes no dinger for anything ever! Just the way I want it. I have done this on all my pickups.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I only did the seatbelt alarm delete. I like to hear the alarm to alert me to look at the message on EVIC that accompanies it, for any engine and trailer brake faults ect. Otherwise i might not notice right away.:hehe:

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
from Owners manual, you will see the warning light but the dinger is deacitvated
1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver's seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Reminder Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you thank you thank you and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! made my day, Now if I could only get it to quit bonging when the key is in and the door is open, Drives me nutz

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thank you thank you thank you and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! made my day, Now if I could only get it to quit bonging when the key is in and the door is open, Drives me nutz
Amen to that! I am very tired of hearing that ding when I am working on the truck and listening to the radio.

·
Registered
281 Posts
:worthy:ZDiesel

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
Amen to that! I am very tired of hearing that ding when I am working on the truck and listening to the radio.
this just deactivates the dinger for the seat belt. unfortunately, it is still operational for the drivers door being open, CELS, Oil Change indicators

·
Registered
383 Posts
Roll down your windows and shut the door

·
Registered
180 Posts
I could not stand to listen to the dinger any longer. :banghead:So I took the gauge cluster out 3 screws for trim and 2 for cluster. Took lens off, just clips then you can take off the back, more clips, then pop the speaker off the back of the board, and be very happy, no more noises for anything!:party018:Only takes about 10min, I highly recomend it:thumbsup:
I do this on all my vehicles and microwaves. This irritates me as well.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts