Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the exact dimensions to the block off plates for the EGR? I would like to have mine pre cut prior to removing the EGR. Also, what is the best material?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
You will need a 2" round plate of 1/8" material, i used aluminum. The other 2 plates should be at least 1/4" Aluminum, might be able to go a little thinner with Steel. they too are about 1 7/8" x 3 1/2" If i remember right. The dimensions are in a thread called "EGR fix, Maybe" if you search.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I do figure K2 to be the way to go for the plates, unless your like me and want to make some your self. I made mine from 1/2" aluminum but that was what I had. You could use something like 1/4" but I personally would not go any smaller than 3/8" thick. I would surely use the aluminum also, it will heat and cool at or close to the same rate as the air horn you mount them too.

Be sure to buy you the two new gaskets for the EGR also, you will need them and they will make you the perfect pattern to cut your plates from if you don't buy them from K2...

Dude I see K2 on here all the time and as time goes on by he is always on here joining in the chats and helping those that ask for it. I am certain he has some good ones if you don't just like doing this sort of stuff and have the tools to make the plates.

Yikes, I forgot the 2" round plate that CC mentioned, it does need to be only 1/8" thick

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just did my EGR delete today. I bought the plates from K2Dieselperformance. So far I only have driven about 10 miles on it and no codes yet, but I do have the Edge set to clear codes at start up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I made mine out of stainless.I plan to leave the factory parts on. Go the stealth look.
I had some thin sheets of stainless lying around.

·
5,059 Posts
Crankshaft, did you leave the EGR valve plugged in? if so are you getting any codes?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I havent put them in yet.Should get my Edge from K2 today.Then Ill experiment.I plan on leaving it plugged in.Im gonna try and block off the top of the exhaust manifold going into the so-called"bread box" looks easy just time consuming taking all that stuff off. Ill report back when done.I also am planning on gutting the dpf and cats. If thats to difficult Ill straight pipe that section.

·
Registered
721 Posts
That's a pretty spendy risk. I'm saving mine incase they start testing.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I havent put them in yet.Should get my Edge from K2 today.Then Ill experiment.I plan on leaving it plugged in.Im gonna try and block off the top of the exhaust manifold going into the so-called"bread box" looks easy just time consuming taking all that stuff off. Ill report back when done.I also am planning on gutting the dpf and cats. If thats to difficult Ill straight pipe that section.
GUTTING NOT ADVISED!!

See delete kits :thumbsup

·
5,059 Posts
I wouldnt recommend leaving the EGR plugged in either. We just tried it on a guys truck and he got 5 codes everytime he drove it. Unplugged it and they have all gone away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts