Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finished my twins today HX35 over HT60 and have a few ?s.

my EGTs are higher then they were with the A3000 and boost is about the same. It makes about 40psi. There is a delay between the two spooling unless I get on it hard from a stop. I was cusieing at 65 and hit it and it only made 30psi???

There was more but I cant think of it now.

Few things I was thinking I need

-14cm housing for HX35
-23cm housing for HT60
-Injectors

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
you arent going to run a set of twins properly without some bigger stix, also you need a boost gauge going from your 35 to your 60 to make sure you have the 35 set to correctly, also you will need a drive pressure gauge to properly tune them in

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you arent going to run a set of twins properly without some bigger stix, also you need a boost gauge going from your 35 to your 60 to make sure you have the 35 set to correctly, also you will need a drive pressure gauge to properly tune them in
Those are all on the list I was going to get all that befor I installed them but could not wait.

Another thing I forgot to add is if I am not geting on it hard I will build 30psi then drop back to 20psi with the same load.

·
Registered
409 Posts
That is wierd, the ghetto ST50 I put with my stock HX35 will hit 55 psi WAY before the truck reaches 3000 rpms, more like 2400 or so. I had to install pop off valves set at 40 and 45 psi just to help save my head gasket. I know its not right but I cant swing the headstuds right now so it does the trick.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I need sticks it is still on the stock ones want DDPs but am haveing a hard time getting all the cash for them.

It probibly dose not help that the HT60 has a 27cm housing. It will get to 30psi in a heart beat then kinda creeps up from there I stayed on it form a stop and it hit 42psi but buy then I was doing over 90.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think I need sticks it is still on the stock ones want DDPs but am haveing a hard time getting all the cash for them.

It probibly dose not help that the HT60 has a 27cm housing. It will get to 30psi in a heart beat then kinda creeps up from there I stayed on it form a stop and it hit 42psi but buy then I was doing over 90.
Save your money and PM Don Wagner. He will set you up with a brand new set of sticks WITH THE PROPER SPRAY PATTERN, unlike DDPs, for half the money.

I had the "legendary DDPs" and with the timing I was running they were awful. I called Lenny at DDP and he said
I was spraying just on the outside of the bowl. This was with 20* of timing only. They said MAX timing is 21*-22*.

All they do is take a set of marine injectors, edm them, extrude hone them and then set popoff pressure to 300bar, and then jack the price up almost triple.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You sure theres no leak ?
Not that I can find.

Save your money and PM Don Wagner. He will set you up with a brand new set of sticks WITH THE PROPER SPRAY PATTERN, unlike DDPs, for half the money.

I had the "legendary DDPs" and with the timing I was running they were awful. I called Lenny at DDP and he said
I was spraying just on the outside of the bowl. This was with 20* of timing only. They said MAX timing is 21*-22*.

All they do is take a set of marine injectors, edm them, extrude hone them and then set popoff pressure to 300bar, and then jack the price up almost triple.

Thats the first time I have herd anything bad about DDP everyone else I have talked to swears by them.

I thought when the extrude honed them they changed the spray to a better pattern?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I am in no way knocking DDPs because I know NOTHING about them but I do second dealing with Don Wagner, I bought a set of injectors from him, VERY happy with them. He even took the time to walk my buddy step by step through the pump timing thing over the phone, very cool in my book!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in no way knocking DDPs because I know NOTHING about them but I do second dealing with Don Wagner, I bought a set of injectors from him, VERY happy with them. He even took the time to walk my buddy step by step through the pump timing thing over the phone, very cool in my book!
That there Is enough for me to go through him I am big on using people or places with good customer service. I just hope he is in my current price range.:pray:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yeah, that dude really seems to know his stuff, and like I said very nice guy to deal with. NOW GO FUEL THOES TWINS MAN!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I fliped the washers in the AFC today and ground the AFC foot somemore i also ground my fuel plate some more im going to call it a -100 plate :hehe: This got me up to 45psi but there is alot of preboost smoke If I understand the thread on COMP D I can slid my AFC back to lower the smoke and not lose full travel.

·
Registered
136 Posts
He dont have enough fuel to worry about dirve pressures yet. A boost gauge between the primary and secondary will help tune. Give a good idea of how well the pair work together as well.

I recommend checking wastegate(s) to make sure they're not opening to soon. Also as others have said, the bottom aftercooler (A/C) boots can get a hole rubbed in them from the fender. Give that a check over. Might be a good idea to pressure test your A/C to see if it leaks. Might have a pin hole somewhere. You should be able to spool twins fine even on stock injectors. I would not go with a larger exhaust housing on the secondary. Will spool even slower. JM.02

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He dont have enough fuel to worry about dirve pressures yet. A boost gauge between the primary and secondary will help tune. Give a good idea of how well the pair work together as well.

I recommend checking wastegate(s) to make sure they're not opening to soon. Also as others have said, the bottom aftercooler (A/C) boots can get a hole rubbed in them from the fender. Give that a check over. Might be a good idea to pressure test your A/C to see if it leaks. Might have a pin hole somewhere. You should be able to spool twins fine even on stock injectors. I would not go with a larger exhaust housing on the secondary. Will spool even slower. JM.02

A few months ago when put on my twin ram the boots on the driver side were good and when I did the twins I put new boost on the passanger side. I adjusted the wastegate and got the boost to 42 now with more fuel mods its at 45. On tuseday I get my 2095 plug.

I noticed that I have a exhaust leak between the hotpipe and the HX 35.

I was thinking of trying to find a smaller housing for the big turbo it has the 27cm so I might try to find a 23cm

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
A few months ago when put on my twin ram the boots on the driver side were good and when I did the twins I put new boost on the passanger side. I adjusted the wastegate and got the boost to 42 now with more fuel mods its at 45. On tuseday I get my 2095 plug.

I noticed that I have a exhaust leak between the hotpipe and the HX 35.

I was thinking of trying to find a smaller housing for the big turbo it has the 27cm so I might try to find a 23cm
a exhaust leak between the turbos will cause the your HT to spool slower, but you would probably need a decent one to really notice it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a exhaust leak between the turbos will cause the your HT to spool slower, but you would probably need a decent one to really notice it.
I noticed it today when I was tuning I had the hood up and gave it some juice with my hand and saw a little puff of black

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the exhaust leak fixed and boost did not go up.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
did your primary light any faster? Im sorry though bud your boost wont go up until you dump some fuel, that rack plug will help.
No it dose not spool anyfaster.

Will the exhaust housing form an HT3B work on an HT60???? The 60 housing only gose down to 22 or 23cm and I can get a HT3B one at 19cm

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
You can look into New Era also... a set of 435 might do you good. And they are correct spray pattern

1 - 20 of 27 Posts