Well I finally got to spend some "quality time" with my "new to me" Ram. Read this board where it was recommended to stay under the 30lbs. speced torque for the cover bolts as the have a tendency to snap. Well I stayed right near + 20lbs. But WTF was the factory thinking...now I know what NFL lineman do in the off season to keep the strength up! I only hope my wheel lugs are that tight
No wonder why they break on us, the factory must have them at least double the torque they call for. Fronts where a little bit of a pain to break free with the steering/suspension hanging in the way. It will be much easier next time with them at a reasonable torque number.
Anyway it went quick, neat and easy(love the reusable gasket and not having to scrape). The fluid looked good but have a little "silvery" tint from some break in bits I suppose. Glad I changed it, I am at 30,XXX and will tow often.