Cummins Diesel Forum banner

difference between years

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  MfolsomblueD 
#1 ·
Im in the market to buy my first diesel truck. I like the mega cab so they are 06-07, I want the 5.9 eng. So my question is is there big difference in engine emissions from 03-07 5.9 engines. I may or may not get a mega that why i ask

thanks

#2 ·
Fyi

03 & 04 have no CAT. There ae SO & HO versions.

04.5 to 07 5.9s are all 325 HOs & all have CAT.

You will do well with any 03-07 5.9 truck.

Good luck with your purchase.

#4 ·
06 they changed the look of the front end a little bit.

#6 ·
:agree2: yea what they said

#7 ·
I'm looking at the same thing and had the same question so thanks all.

I do have one more question, are the auto trans 04.5-07 four or six speed? Kind of confused on what I've found searching. I've seen both. Maybe this is what MfolsomblueD is referring to?

Thanks all, great site. Can't wait to get find my truck!
Kevin

#11 ·
well thanks guys. i think im leaning towards a mega cab for the size with 2 young ones. so does everyone rip out the cats or keep them when you put a new exhaust on?not going to really hot rod it up but wish to do a few things,one of the main reason for it is to pull a trailer this spring.

#13 ·
I was referring to the manual tranmission, 06 was a decent year but i have had more luck with my 04.5 when it comes to electronics. I like the 03-04 trucks even though it take a little more to get power out of them when you get to higher horesepowers they are nice to have considering they only have 2 injection events, they tend to handle a little more heat due to the piston bowl design and spray pattern, but considering you are just using yours for everyday driving you will like the Megacab, they are nice trucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.