Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Dieselcraft centrifuge

14495 Views 18 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  krs
Has anyone ever used one of these on their truck? Maybe one of you guys that drove big trucks or heavy equipment has experience with a centrifuge? I'm looking into getting one for my biodiesel so when I looked on their site they had an install on a Dodge Ram w/Cummins. Its basically a bypass filter that uses centrifugal force to clean the oil. They even have a copy of an oil sample report. Its a little pricey but you never have to buy any bypass filters so I'm thinking in the long run it would be comparable in cost to an Amsoil bypass setup. Their site is www.dieselcraft.com. Tell me what you think guys.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They been in use for a long time so I know they work; I'm just curious if anyone has any first-hand experience with one. I like the idea of just unscrewing a part and cleaning some gunk and basically your oil's changed. And I saw that PPE kit and I think they want like close to $800 for that kit. I guess its gold plated or something.

· Registered
13 Posts
I use one to clean my BD and dino diesel mix, you wouldn't believe how dirty the store fuel is. I run the mix for two hours and the spinner is full of crud. I was thinking of spinning my oil this week. The only drawback is the pumping system, gear pump at 90#
Dude

· Premium Member
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I originally was looking into getting one to de-water my oil and to dry my finished bio and when I went on dieselcraft's website they had an install on pdf that showed it on a dodge ram. I eventually want to get a bypass filter setup like Amsoil's but I like the idea of never having to buy any replacement bypass filters y'know? They claim it can clean down to a tenth of a micron or something like that. I don't believe they're that good. Maybe down to one micron. Now when using yours do you clean the rotor every hour that its in use? Like an oc-25 is supposed to clean like 55gal an hour, so after an hour do you shut it down, clean the rotor and start it up again? Would really like some first hand experience before I decide to get one.

· Premium Member
1,582 Posts
This thread does not talk much about using the centrifuge in the truck as you want to, but go to "Vegoilinfopop.com" forum and look for the "Dieselcraft centrifuge" thread. It is only 151 pages, over 250,000 views long, about a week of reading. You will learn a lot about it, how people have set it up, how well it works, etc. A lot of information is in it, could be helpful.

· Rescue Tower
11,008 Posts
This thread does not talk much about using the centrifuge in the truck as you want to, but go to "Vegoilinfopop.com" forum and look for the "Dieselcraft centrifuge" thread. It is only 151 pages, over 250,000 views long, about a week of reading. You will learn a lot about it, how people have set it up, how well it works, etc. A lot of information is in it, could be helpful.
Why not post the actuall link, because what you posted dosen't work and I don't see anything close in search results...

· Premium Member
1,582 Posts

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Wow that is some interesting reading there. I really find he OC25 inline kit to be quite interesting. Its $599 but a lot of us have spent more than that in fuel system mods. It looks like it would be cheap insurance for you engine. I know centrifuges work, they use them in the medical field. I just wonder how well it would work inline with the engine oil and how often it would need to be cleaned. :confused013:

http://www.dieselcraft.com/EngineOilCleaningOC25.php

· Registered
2,363 Posts
One thing I question about the above centrifuge is the oil test PDF shows that some how the TBN to goes up the longer they use the oil and we all know that's not possible as TBN goes down as it wears out.

· Rescue Tower
11,008 Posts
Typically oil is not an issue. I suppose if a guy were to purchase one and keep it for life there would be a cost advantage, otherwise it's fixing a problem that does not exist. I'm also not sure what affect is has on the fuel in the oil. CR guys can have an unknown injector issue and pump a lot of fuel into the oil. At least with regular oil changes they might be able to identify the problem before it costs them an engine. I dont think its worth it. Most guys change their oil far more frequently than is needed to begin with.

· Premium Member
1,582 Posts
I will be will to sell my new, unused Dieselcraft centrifuge. PM me if interested.

· Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Yes, I do and a Teel gear pump attached to a electric motor. It comes as a unit.

3,423 Posts
Clean oil is clean oil no matter how you look at it. I'm gonna buy one and maybe even post pics of install if I remember. I was looking at AMSOIL bypass but i had one in my 05 and I'm not sure if it worked all that great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.