Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the rollover valve will do that but ive searched to but one cant find it.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Mine does the same, the vent on top of the fuel tank was clearly clogged when I installed my airdog, and even after trying to clean it, it still does it so I obviously didn't get it unplugged.... I just loosen my filler cap a little so it can pull air...
How to truly fix it, besides a new fuel canister I don't know...

·
12V ADDICT!
3,481 Posts
Mine does it also.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Reactions: Redwards

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
10,672 Posts
if its sucking air in, then you have a vent problem, if the tank is pressurized , then you have a leak in the fuel system allowing combustion gasses to be pumped into the return fuel system...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its sucking in Ill try the fuel cap.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Mine has a hiss too when tank is opened.

·
12V ADDICT!
3,481 Posts
Mine will start collapsin the tank if i let it go all the way to a low level lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
mine does the same thing and I tried the vent cap but it didn't help nothin

·
Registered
482 Posts
Mine did the same. Even with a new vent cap. Didnt work worth a crap. I used a screwdriver and took the spring and gasket out of the vent cap. Problem solved

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I drilled a small hole in mine between the star shaped tabs underneath the cap. I just drilled til it passed thru the first layer of plastic and that was it. No more problems with vacuum building in the tank. Good temporary solution . Gotta remember tho that could and most likely would leak if the vehicle was on its side for any reason. So do that at your own risk. Should really access the vent on top of the fuel tank and un plug repair that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.