Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently deleted my 6.7 cummins and since then I have been plagued with a horrible exhaust smell in the cabin of my truck. I can smell it while the vehicle is parked and when going down the road. I checked my EGR blocker plates and neither of them show any signs of any visible soot. The next place I looked was where the downpipe is clamped to the turbo. Though I saw no signs of soot, I decided to replace the gasket that seals the turbo to the downpipe in hopes that it would remedy my problem (it didnt).
From what I have read it seems like most people dont have this problem. Im getting really fed up with not being able to find the problem and I was hoping that someone could give me some pointers on where else to look or check. Any help is greatly appreciated as its the middle of winter in Wisconsin and I can hardly run my heater without the cabin filling up with the smell of soot.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
When you removed the EGRC and mounted the coolant riser to the exhaust manifold
you may have caused a leak between the manifold and head. That's my interweb guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you removed the EGRC and mounted the coolant riser to the exhaust manifold
you may have caused a leak between the manifold and head. That's my interweb guess.
I know of a lot of deleted vehicles and none have resulted in exhaust smell in the cab. Also none of the earlier non egr/def trucks came off the lot with a exhaust smell in the cab. The issue is not in removing the emissions components the issue is a leak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts