Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you seen the ads? Website is:
dieselsecret.com Sounds like BS to me! Your thoughts?

Reactions: Blue dodge 78

·
Registered
110 Posts
Im curious on the additive they use to thin the oil.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It is garbage ***DO NOT BUY*** I had a buddy buy that stuff thinking he was going to save money. Well its not all what its made out to be.

As for thinning the oil out it calls for the use of kerosene, #2 diesel, and diesel kleen power services.

He had a total mess in his garage. So I would stay away from it. But it you want to try it by all means.

Woody

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
No way in heck would I want to burn gas long with vegi oil and what ever is in the secret sauce they sell you mix in with it. I sure don't have 4-8K to replace the injectors and or any other parts of my fuel system that could get screwed up by using DSE.

JMHO

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a friend who got into the Dse thing. At first I was the same as you guys were, very skeptical. Now I am using it as my only source of fuel. I have 2002 dodge (walbro glacier fuel system) and my friend has a 2003 f350 7.3l we both use it and both trucks run great. Neither one of us know the long term effects. We do know a guy who has been using this for 8 years in VW jetta with zero problems. Flame away all you want, but for me the reward is worth the risk.

·
Registered
592 Posts
It sounded like BS with that long hair weirdo and his girl talking about, "Thank you diesel secret!" Kinda raised the rainbow flag.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
It sounded like BS with that long hair weirdo and his girl talking about, "Thank you diesel secret!" Kinda raised the rainbow flag.
:agree2::lol3::rof:rof:beer I thought the same thing my friend! :w:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have a friend who got into the Dse thing. At first I was the same as you guys were, very skeptical. Now I am using it as my only source of fuel. I have 2002 dodge (walbro glacier fuel system) and my friend has a 2003 f350 7.3l we both use it and both trucks run great. Neither one of us know the long term effects. We do know a guy who has been using this for 8 years in VW jetta with zero problems. Flame away all you want, but for me the reward is worth the risk.
it still sounds fishy after this guys first post on the forum is talking about how good it is.
idk

·
Registered
146 Posts
hey, i have two bros who are diesel mechanics,
the way it works is by thinning out the air/fuel mixture, without the computer knowing. so you will get a better mpg, but you will make your engine run lean, and when you pulling a big load, your engine heats up easier and faster so you might crack your block before you know it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its Junk, I Used It, And Never Well Again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What we are looking for in this thread is anyone who has ACTULLY had some experiance with "Diesel Secret". What we don't need: "Awww damn That stuff is some hippy BS.) by someone guessing what it might be. lets keep this a, hopefully, helpfull, investigative thread. Thanks

Reactions: ETexas

·
Registered
251 Posts
I spent about $200-$250 to build the entire system complete with filters and additive. I ran DSE for about six months in my 98 12 valve (then bought a new truck). I started off with blending it 50/50 with diesel. I couldn't even tell a difference. Then the exhaust starting smelling like a scone:lol3:

As far as problems, it completely depended on where I collected the oil. If I collected dirty oil, I was plugging filters on the system and had a really hard time getting clean diesel out of the oil. If I was able to find clean oil, it pumped through the system and into my truck and burned with no problems at all.

Collecting the oil and making it is a little messy and is best if you have somewhere to mix it where spilled oil won't matter. The used vegetable oil wasn't hard to find at all as long as you beat the retired guys to the restaurants. There is a lot of people who want the oil to make their own diesel.

I don't know about long term effects but when I started making it, I was making it at .50 cents a gallon and when I stopped making it, it was .75 cents. There was no alterations to my truck or fuel tank.

Clean oil was great, dirty oil was a nightmare. Plugged fuel filters a few times but it was fun and I learned a lot.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions and I will be glad to give my input.:thumbsup

·
Registered
1 Posts
Radioflyer thank you for the positive input. We just started using DSE and have a question. We are experiencing sputtering and white smoke. Changed the fuel filter but not seeing an improvement yet. Have you had this problem?

·
Registered
111 Posts
My neighbor and I just got our first shipment of DSE. My VE pump on my 92 is very forgiving so I AIN"T SKEERD". I will keep posting on this thread about my trials and tribulations. Don't knock it till ya try it, right?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree with most of yall, theirs no way I'll try this, I think its BS, and u can tell their reading of a script.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Man you can just see how full of CRAP these people are look at them talking!!! especially that kid with the beadie eyes.... man. Is that hummer really a diesel???? I didnt think they make a H2 diesel available for the regular consumer

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
What we are looking for in this thread is anyone who has ACTULLY had some experiance with "Diesel Secret". What we don't need: "Awww damn That stuff is some hippy BS.) by someone guessing what it might be. lets keep this a, hopefully, helpfull, investigative thread. Thanks
Well, you did ask for peoples thoughts in ur original post.

But, as per DZLROCKETS request, lets try to keep this an informative thread.

Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Radioflyer thank you for the positive input. We just started using DSE and have a question. We are experiencing sputtering and white smoke. Changed the fuel filter but not seeing an improvement yet. Have you had this problem?
What you have right now is the fuel being to thick along with water in it. My buddy had the same problem and it left him on the side of the road until we could get regular diesel in there to help thin it out and I think we used a whole bottle of stanadyne or diesel power services from walmart it was one or the other cant remember but the truck started bucking real bad and belching white smoke. Im glad we had enough speed in the fast lane to get to the shoulder while navigating traffic also but when the white smoke hit everybody pretty much backed off which helped.

So add some more diesel, change fuel filter again amd add some additive and you should be okay.

As a side note his lift pump was extremely hot due to trying to pump the fuel through the system.

Woody

1 - 20 of 56 Posts