Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at this link trying to figure out if i want to make my own diesel. (biodiesel) but this seems a little fishy. anyone here about this site?
Diesel Secret Energy

let me know what you think

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
a little fishy... naah, SNAKE OIL!!!

·
1,577 Posts
I wouldn't call it a scam but very unrealistic

·
1,577 Posts
"Snake oil." The expression has come to be synonymous with a quack remedy.

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
theres a bio diesel station by my house. can i run that in my truck straight? or does it have to be mixed in with regular diesel? by the way its B11? i dont know the difference between these numbers. can i get a tutorial?

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well not really, im not complaining about the price or nothin since i knew what i was getting into (with the lift and tires lol) but if its a couple hours of work and under a dollar a gallon with no hp loss then why not?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Why not try the starter kit, see how it works out in your truck, and start a revolution on the CF by admitting that it works... or by telling us the repair bill on your truck?

Honestly, I am not bashing it, I would be all over it if I knew someone that used it with no ill effects. Heck, I'll pitch in $50 towards your kit for you to test it. I honestly just dont have the nuts to be the test mule...... Imagine if it did work, and you could easily and cheaply make diesel fuel for $0.50 a gallon. It would be like the days of high school all over again... where $5 worth of fuel in my 71 Chevelle got me and my pals running around all night smoking tire and chasing chicks! This would be to good to be true.... or is it?

Larry

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
cjhall over on TDR has 55,000 miles on his 04 using the DSE system. He first used the actual DSE chemical and later procured the ingredients elsewhere for a lot cheaper. He has done tons of changes to his diesel mix and everything has been fine.

·
Banned
516 Posts
i dont run straight bio diesel but i run b20! which basically means 20% BIO 80% regular fuel. no problems with my truck or any of my equipment!

·
1,577 Posts
Do you really want to put chicken fat into your $40,000 truck??
Biodiesel isn't chicken fat. It's waste or straight vegetable oil that is filtered and chemically altered for use in compression-ignition engines.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
i dont run straight bio diesel but i run b20! which basically means 20% BIO 80% regular fuel. no problems with my truck or any of my equipment!
I wish I could run B20 again. Heck I would even be happy with B2. Can't get it anywhere close to me here in MD. TX I had a couple of places to get it.

I swear I hear my truck thank me when there is some bio in the tank.

·
Registered
381 Posts
theres a bio diesel station by my house. can i run that in my truck straight? or does it have to be mixed in with regular diesel? by the way its B11? i dont know the difference between these numbers. can i get a tutorial?
Yes you can run that fuel without a problem,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im using the dse/CJ method it was good in my 06

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys i just wanted to get on this convo. My dad and I have been experimenting with this DSE. The only reason we got the balls up to using it was because one of my teachers at our community college here in town has an 04.5 dodge just like mine and he has ran like at least 30k miles while using this stuff. He has had to experiment with it especially during the winter because the veggy oil thickens as it gets colder. It only gets down to like 20 here in Reedley, Ca during the winter. He said he can only run like 40% DSE mixed oil with 60% reg diesel during the winter or he was having a hard time with it starting. My dad start using it in his 03 Excursion first and was running good but had some filters plug up like crazy. Well the problem was that when we were collecting the oil we didnt let the crap in the oil settle to the bottom long enough and all the very small particles from the tortias and just stuff their frying was still in the oil and didnt get filtered good enough through the house/water filters they say to use. We have one that filter down to 1-5 microns but i think the pumps you use just push the particles right through the filters. The latest batches we have made our nice and clear. I have ran about 30 gals through mine with two different fills up so about 15g with 15g of diesel each time. At one point i had almost all mixed/thinned veggy oil and i noticed lower psi from the lift pump because even after thinned the veggy oil is still not as runny as diesel. My dad is still running it with no problems now. I think the main thing is at least run with some diesel and make sure and filter the crap very very good and we will be ok. Diesels can run on this stuff its just the fuel system that may have problems. My concern on my truck is i have installed a second fuel filter and mounted it on the frail rail but i think my lift pump is in the tank and im sure there is some type of filter/screen in the tank before the pump so no particles get in the pump. My dad had some screens on his pick up tube in the tank on his Excursion which would plug so we took those out and installed an inline 10 mic filter on his truck. Anyways we have to at least try something so one day we can stop being screwed by the oil companies. Here in town at Valero which is usually the cheapest is 4.99 today for diesel and was 4.79 yesterday and gas is at 4.25. Its just rediculous, I dont have enough extra money where i can just do whatever i want with my truck but we can make the stuff for about $1 a gallon. Im wanting to change my lift pump to a FASS which will help running this crap but im just concerned about the high pressure pump and injectors. I figure the oil is a better lubricant than ultra low sulfer diesel but its thicker which could be bad for it. Then the injectors i guess can "coke" from the oil because its thicker? So maybe i would need to buy injectors with bigger holes later, i dont know just guessing. The fact is though my teacher at the college has been running this DSE formula for quite a few miles in his truck and has had no problems except a few plugged filters at first but plugged filters lessened as he went farther and farther. i figure this could be because i have heard the kerosene and gas can "clean" the tank of crap that diesel has left behind over the years. Anyways just thought id let everyone know that my dad and i are another trying the stuff. Really we are going to try not using the DSE stuff but instead use the Diesel Klean stuff which boost cetake and disperses water. We think the DSE stuff is and antigel and water disperser, not sure though. When my teacher was first using the stuff he would make a batch and put some in jars and put it in the fridge to see what mixes would work best and not gel as much. Anyways if anyone else is trying the stuff or has tried it and had a bad experience let me know. Oh and when your running the veggy oil you dont get smoke which sucks.... :lol3:

·
Registered
205 Posts
now THAT is one hell! of a paragraph! LOL

1 - 20 of 41 Posts