Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Just do what they tell you to do but dont buy their product. Run a 15 % mix of Kerosene and gasoline to Highly filtered WVO. We started out using DS and realized real quick that it was doing us no good. Been on this mixture for 40,000 miles and still rollin.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Exactly. Thats all that needs to be done to bring down the viscosity and bring up the cetane rating

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just do a search on the forum. this same topic has come up a ton in the past.

I tried it about six months and it worked great. Don't know about long term affects.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I didn't go back enough pages, I see one was posted a week ago. Looks like everyone is saying stay away.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good old snake oil.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been running it at 75% but with no kerosene just rug

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi,

so am I getting this right, use well filtered veggie oil, and add about 15% 87 octane gas to it?

Where did you guys buy your filter to filter the oil? (a part number would be a big help as I am getting ready to put togther my filter setup)

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I don't think very many people know about the problems they can have when WVO is not heated to well over 100 degrees before being sent through the fuel system. Then you have the problem of keeping the gas and WVO mixed together.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just do what they tell you to do but dont buy their product. Run a 15 % mix of Kerosene and gasoline to Highly filtered WVO. We started out using DS and realized real quick that it was doing us no good. Been on this mixture for 40,000 miles and still rollin.
What do you figure your cost per gallon is?

Also... down to what temps are you running theis blend?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't think very many people know about the problems they can have when WVO is not heated to well over 100 degrees before being sent through the fuel system. Then you have the problem of keeping the gas and WVO mixed together.
Well, instead of pointing out the fact that many of us dont know, why dont you explain it to us? From what I have heard, thinning it makes the heating not required. Are there not chemicals that keep the WVO and gas mixed? Please, do tell. :popcorn::thumbsup

okie

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really need some info on mixing it right. I am going on a 2k + trip to San Diego California from Chicago, il. From what i hear i Would buy a bunch of new 50lb frying oil from say like costco and mix it with some diesel, rug, power service, and coleman camp fuel (napatha) witch includes rust inhibitors to thin it, but what is right for the mix for 35 gallons and for my '06 ? anyone chime in on this i'd like to give some research results from my trip and also save cash. prices over 5 bucks here in this mad city is just outrageuos! Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi DBLR,

Have you had problems keeping the Oil and gas mixed together by person experience, or something you have heard from someone else?

Thanks

God bless..

Mark

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I had a gallon of new virgin peanut oil that was given to me so I mixed it in with a gallon of diesel and let it set. Well when I went to use it I saw that the 2 did not stay mixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
All of the people that I've talked to who use WVO say it has to be heated before you use it if you don't want to screw things up in your fuel system. I was told if I wanted to use the new oil & diesel mix I could try it only if the outside temp was above 95 degrees and stay at or above that temp while it was in my tank. As it has been passed on to me WVO needs to be heated to a minimum of 160 degrees if you want to use it and not screw up your fuel system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts