Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From last week when I put in 20 gal it went from $4.39/gal to $4.69/gal today. In one week! This is usually the cheapest place to buy diesel that I know of.

And I still haven't been able to do much good with mpg improvements. So much for the thought that diesel vehicles get better mpg... with the cost of fuel it negates the few mpg over a gasser.

This is getting ridiculous. :BS:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I guess we all should just get use to it.All I would like to know is why its so high...:thud:

·
Registered
491 Posts
well up here in British Columbia Canada I'm paying $5.40 per gallon, so don't feel too bad

·
Registered
470 Posts
From last week when I put in 20 gal it went from $4.39/gal to $4.69/gal today. In one week! This is usually the cheapest place to buy diesel that I know of.

And I still haven't been able to do much good with mpg improvements. So much for the thought that diesel vehicles get better mpg... with the cost of fuel it negates the few mpg over a gasser.

This is getting ridiculous. :BS:
i agree, i'm now in the market for a cheap gasser to drive to work:CRY:. but i'm keepin' the cummins wagon to haul [email protected] and :peelout, still sucks!

·
Here to learn
1,438 Posts
It went up 40 cents in 2 days here last week. From $4.44 to $4.84, then 2 days later it was $4.65. And this station is in a residential area, so it doesn't need a fuel delivery every other day. Think they are price gouging?

·
Registered
314 Posts
a diesel will win in the cost department over a gasser in the same type vehical.

say you had a gasser in your truck and got 15 mpg over 1000 miles you'd use 66.6 gallons of gas. diesel at 20 mpg would use 50 gallons of fuel. with a 85 cent premium in price for diesel over reg.gas youd save about 18$ with the diesel.

now i no the brand new trucks arent getting any better fuel milage then a gasser:rof with the great gov at (dpf's)work.then paying a 8k premium for the diesel on a new truck. just dosent make sense.

my 06 vw jetta tdi 50 mpg average for my wife. drives around 1500 miles a month and uses 30 gallons. vw saves close to 100 bucks a month compared to the 06 implala we had before.

plus diesels are cool and i didnt buy them for fuel economy alone:thumbsup

·
Registered
370 Posts
diesel in my area is about 4.58 to 4.84
be glad you dont live in lee vining, cal... gasoline is 4.60 there....

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
I see these threads all over the internet of people whining of high diesel fuel prices... I think it time for everyone to relize WE (the people) can't change the price of oil of fuels... But WE (the people) CAN change our driving habits and bomb more for MPG's and not for the HP/TQ (or in alot of cases SMOKE).

Just in changing my driving habits and changing a few things on my truck I've been hitting 21.7 (760 miles) to 23.3 MPG (815 Miles)... :thumbsup

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In reply to a few points... Yeah, I had a F150 with the 4.x V6 right before this truck. A supercab, 6' bed with the same ladder rack on it. It would get 15-16 MPG all the time, city or hwy. I could never get more out of it, probably because the engine was underpowered for the truck.

And there's more reasons I got a diesel. A while back I hooked a tow rope up to a huge 300lb cement footing to pull it out of the ground. I barely had to tap the throttle and it pulled it out like nothing. So easy that I had to get out and check if the rope was still tied on. :thumbsup

Yes, there's things we can do and try new things, and I've been trying a number of different things... but I still gotta b i tch once in a while. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts