Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 CTD 2500 BIGHORN.

My truck has performed a couple of particulate burns (4700 mi.) The last burn was at 4300 miles, and I had the Diesel Particulate Filter HUD active. It just stated that a burn was in process.......

Are any of your guys trucks showing a percentage of particulates on your screen? Mine is always blank, contrary to all other similar vehicle info screens i.e Oil Life, Fuel Filter.

It would be real nice to know when a burn session is almost due.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
2021 CTD 2500 BIGHORN.

My truck has performed a couple of particulate burns (4700 mi.) The last burn was at 4300 miles, and I had the Diesel Particulate Filter HUD active. It just stated that a burn was in process.......

Are any of your guys trucks showing a percentage of particulates on your screen? Mine is always blank, contrary to all other similar vehicle info screens i.e Oil Life, Fuel Filter.

It would be real nice to know when a burn session is almost due.
They will do it every 24hrs of run time aswell as when the soot builds up. Mine never showed anything on the gauge for a long time then i would get 1/8 for a couple seconds then go away. At about 53k km i had a reading that worked up to almost 1/2 then it regened and cleared during the 24H schedule. I only ever had a regen every 24hrs never hit a high enough soot level to cause it to regen

·
Registered
528 Posts
^^^^^ What sniper said except my % gauge has yet to show other than zero. Lots of posts across the forums talking about the unreliable % gauge. The regen in progress message is accurate.

Reactions: Dblr2

·
Registered
17 3500 Laramie CCLB
7,474 Posts
They will do it every 24hrs of run time aswell as when the soot builds up. Mine never showed anything on the gauge for a long time then i would get 1/8 for a couple seconds then go away. At about 53k km i had a reading that worked up to almost 1/2 then it regened and cleared during the 24H schedule. I only ever had a regen every 24hrs never hit a high enough soot level to cause it to regen
I'm kinda surprised by the 24 hours. My KW is about every 80 engine hours.

·
Registered
'04 F-250 PSD 155k (main work truck with minor mods) & '94 Ram 2500 CTD 240k (my baby in progress..)
24 Posts
'22 with 2k miles. Filter has always shown zero. I have never seen a "regen in progress" status. Meanwhile my DEF gauge is down to about half. I ordered it with the manual regen option but it doesn't seem necessary.
I maybe repeating what has been said but I still don't fully understand how/when it works exactly.
Ryan.
Edit. It is a C&C so my DEF is close to 10 gallons I believe...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts