Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a filter that will go onto my 02. It is a 5.9ltr and in Germany we need to have these filters. Does anyone in the world know where and which filter is the best to put on my truck. I have listed the two that I heard about but I am clueless.

Cordierite wall flow filters or
Silicon carbide wall flow filters

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
You need these even though the trucks didnt come with them until 08? I would see if you can find somebody with a 6.7 thats taken it off.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Someone is confused. It could even be me!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately the laws in Germany have changed and they are as strict as California. All diesels need to have these filters.

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
Man that sucks, are you military or german? I didnt know you could buy aftermarket dpf's but I would try to find a used one. Someone will probably give you one for little bit of nothin.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
I dont think it is as easy as putting on a used DPF though???? What about all the wires and sensors and the regens to keep it from getting plugged?

·
On call 24/7
12,581 Posts
"I dont think it is as easy as putting on a used DPF though???? What about all the wires and sensors and the regens to keep it from getting plugged?"

I dont know, do you have to run it fulltime or just for inspection?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
Well you looking for problems then...

I would install it just for the inspection process. But the biggest problem is that a DPF will not work on a 2nd Gen 24V. The reason being there is no REGEN cycle to clean it out so basically if you install it... It will just plug up and cause some serious damage to your truck...:doh:

Since there is no way to clean it out that means everytime it plugs up you got to replace that expensive filter. Trust me there not cheap!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was a soldier but now I work for them over here.
It needs to run fulltime.

Mopar1973Man - is there no way to install REGEN cycle?

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
"I dont think it is as easy as putting on a used DPF though???? What about all the wires and sensors and the regens to keep it from getting plugged?"

I dont know, do you have to run it fulltime or just for inspection?
LOL good point.

But this guy is posting about some other kind of filters we have never even heard of.......

Good luck!

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
Hopefull you find a solution to your problem for over there in Germany...

·
Registered
992 Posts
Well i found this, may be food for thought http://ect.jmcatalysts.com/technologies-diesel.htm

It shows a few different types of DPF's, doesn't look like all of them need a regen cycle.
But i would guess the ones that don't need a regen cycle probably need cleaning or maintence.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
is the truck american or german? and if they are requesting you need a dpf filter shouldnt someone over there be a supplier/installer?

sounds like it would be easier to buy a car over there that meets their standards.

·
Registered
963 Posts
If you get in contact with Cummins they have a division that does aftermarket exhaust treatment. If anyone would know, they will. and they can get you all the information at one place. You will need the engine Serial number and CPL, and probably the truck serial number. They are a very helpful group, the hardest part is getting to the right people.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was a soldier but now I work for them over here.
It needs to run fulltime.

Mopar1973Man - is there no way to install REGEN cycle?
Regeneration cycle. this is where they get the filter super hot to burn off all the particulate matter off the filter. thats why it's suck a PITA to remove them from the new 6.7L truck. they have sensors on them to monitor airflow and when to go into this regen cycle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts