Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know people i have a thread started about the grid heater problem but i am getting responses back. Filled up my truck and took off to Freeport,ILL. All hiway driving. O.K. 650 miles from Independence,ks to Freeport,ill. had the cruise on 68 m.p.h. had to do some slowing down for traffic and some speeding up for the passing. was 50 degrees when i left and 70 degrees when driving through freeport,ill. I had just a hair under an 8th of a tank left,Smarty on #9/mild torque/aftermarket turbo/stock sticks program, TST on 0/0 and did not use the Puck. and did not have the grid heater delete in @ the time( i do now). fill up cost $110.00 divided by $4.03=27.29529 gallons....M.P.G. answer.....23.81 m.p.g. 93,500 miles on the odometer and NEVER pulled a trailor to this date! who would not want a CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL:thumbsup:hyper::peelout:beer

·
Registered
317 Posts
Very nice, I'm still tryin to break 20 constantly... damn that lead foot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got through checking my mileage, 22mpg. Don't think I can do better then that. All under 2000 rpm's.:peelout

·
If you aint 1st..Ure LAST
2,298 Posts
13.5 is my avg. with my foot in it or not but i just sold my edge so maybe that will help. my best ever was 17.5. that was a haul down to saluda to watch a tractor pull. and had to fill up 2 times. 350miles to a take is a good tank for me. i hate it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got through checking my mileage, 22mpg. Don't think I can do better then that. All under 2000 rpm's.:peelout
awesome with a 4x4!:thumbsup

·
Registered
337 Posts
Now that we are on the summer blend, I see mine climbing back up there too.

I always have the puck on the 50hp set and overhead is about 2 mpg off, but a hand calc will be done this weekend when I filler up:thud:
The price of Diesel is kicking me square in the:butt:
last summer, hand calc gave me at one time max of 23mpg so I am happy.

I like to burp the throttle every once and a while too. especially when passing between buildings on University of Michigan Campus where I work.
Besides, it get the young college students attention and lets them know that one "Bad Mutha" is roller their way.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
We went off of winter blend the first week in March and I'm not happy with it as my mpg is no better then winter mpg's and it had higher Cetane. I know once it warms back up it will get better but with the summer blend we have this year is not as good as last years blend.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mpg

Worst 16.8 towing a one car trailer Best 23. on a trip:hyper: I LOVE MY DODGE

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm gettin about 22 out here. MP-8 just got in so it's time to see what changes.

Zach

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's very interesting to see the differences y'all get in mileage. I realize each truck is a bit different (at least) and everyone drives differently, but seeing estimated city numbers from 13 mpg to 21 mpg is rather confusing for someone like me. I'm currently looking for my first Dodge Cummins and while I would really like a 4x4, I'm curious just how bad the mileage will be compared to a 2WD. I'm hoping it's no worse than maybe 2 mpg worse on average. Is that reasonable?

My truck will be a '98.5-'02 Quad Cab 4x4 short bed, most likely with an automatic. The only mods I plan to do are ones that will improve economy. Is it unrealistic to achieve 23 mpg on the highway and maybe 19 or so around town? If not, what is realistic? FYI, I can be pretty easy on the skinny pedal when I want to be.

Thanks!
Tommy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts