Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diesel Fuel Fill Question - Added Pictures

I filled up my 2013 2500 until the pump shut off on its own, retracted and hung up the handle. No spill noted and no forced top-off attempted. Drove a few hundred miles (Tennessee to Ohio) and smelled fuel and saw it dripped on to the springs as if I had tried to force a top-off when I filled up. Got home washed it all down.

The next day the front of the springs were dark colored (damp) versus rest of the springs looking clean and dry. I looked up underneath the truck and I saw one "drip bubble" hanging on the main filler hose (the biggest one) coming from the fill hole going toward the tank. I took a rag and wiped it down and cleaned it up.

One day later there was another one drip bubble hanging off the same hose. Since getting home and parking I haven't driven or even started the truck since wiping off the first drip bubble. Fuel level is between a half and a fourth.

Can't figure why there would still be droplets hanging on the fill tube.

I would appreciate your input. This is my first Dodge and first Cummins experience. I just spent my last 15 years with an F250 7.3 Powerstroke.:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
the vent for the fuel tank in on the fill tube inside the fender.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rechecked again today and it was still exhibiting the same issue so I added pictures I took yesterday after I cleaned the fill tube off and then the ones from today of it dirtied up again. And the trunk has still just set untouched.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts