Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving through Reno the other day and next to me at the light was a DOT explorer with lights and the whole nine. When he pulled in front of my he had a big decal along the back that read "DIESEL EMISSONS ENFORCMENT." Whats that all about? Im sure he is not to worried about the rams rolling around but I still stayed off the pedal till he was gone! :hehe: Just wondering if you guys have seen anything else like this.

· Registered
1,478 Posts
It amazes me the resources they will waste for stupid reasons. Here in Houston every other commercial, radio ad and billboard is a click it or ticket ad. You'd think we lived in Pleasantville with all the money and resources going into the whole seat belt campaign they are doing. Maybe they could use those resources to tackle the gang violence epidemic, or maybe the violent crime problem, but no, they take a back seat to those dangerous seat belt offenders.

· Registered
30 Posts
It amazes me the resources they will waste for stupid reasons. Here in Houston every other commercial, radio ad and billboard is a click it or ticket ad. You'd think we lived in Pleasantville with all the money and resources going into the whole seat belt campaign they are doing. Maybe they could use those resources to tackle the gang violence epidemic, or maybe the violent crime problem, but no, they take a back seat to those dangerous seat belt offenders.

Yes but seatbelt fines are much more profitable and an easy, relatively safe way to generate revenue.

· Registered
217 Posts
The seatbelt ads always seem to get crazy in the summer. They are all over the DFW metro signs also

· Registered
561 Posts
So I was driving through Reno the other day and next to me at the light was a DOT explorer with lights and the whole nine. When he pulled in front of my he had a big decal along the back that read "DIESEL EMISSONS ENFORCMENT." Whats that all about? Im sure he is not to worried about the rams rolling around but I still stayed off the pedal till he was gone! :hehe: Just wondering if you guys have seen anything else like this.

Maybe this will shed some light:

Nevada Diesel Emissions

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Only needed if new than a 96 and under a GVWR of 10,000

· Registered
772 Posts
I know my buddy Daniel got pulled over on our way to Reno on Friday. I think it was just a CHP though. Excessive smoke and modified exhaust.
Yea that really sucked now I have to drive all the way to grass valley for it. I thought it would of been chp but it was some dorky looking city cop wearing shorts and his little new balance shoes.

· Registered
411 Posts
holy smokes...

"Violators can be issued administrative citations. Fines are waived for a first offense if the vehicle is repaired and evidence of the repairs is presented to the department within 45 days.

Violators who do not repair the vehicle are subject to fines of $800 or more. DMV can also order a vehicle removed from the highways.":shock: :shock:

Hmmm.......

· Registered
1,478 Posts
Looks like just as the people of California are starting to get sick of the BS in their state Nevada wants to jump in with both feet. Maybe Darwin was right after all.

· Registered
266 Posts
So I was driving through Reno the other day and next to me at the light was a DOT explorer with lights and the whole nine.
Sure it wasn't these guys ? :confused013:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.