Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a reminder to every one that the current list of aftermarket parts for smog expires June 30 2011. So if you know that your truck needs to be smogged and you have stuff on your truck that is on the list, make sure you have it smogged prior to June 30 2011. Most stuff on the list will not get carb #'s. The testing is really backed up and will take quite some time to get certified if at all. After June 30, No carb #'s = NO PASS! Their will not be another list made or any thing added to it. This is subject to change but don't count on it. All smog certs are good for 90 days from date of issue. So you can get your truck smogged early and pay your fees early to avoid having to take a bunch of stuff off your truck.

·
Registered
507 Posts
whats on the list?

·
Registered
507 Posts
found it thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
found it thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
i would move to texas if my wife would leave this hole

·
Registered
24 Posts
i would move to texas if my wife would leave this hole
just buy a house in another state and use it as your residency then register the truck there..
that works for me but i am a marine so yeah..

·
Registered
507 Posts
semper fi 0481

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm so glad I don't have to smog my truck this year :party018: Now to worry about next year :doh:

·
Registered
507 Posts
i found it in a thread in this cali section. smog post

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yep, same info.

thanks!
I have my smog check due before March 31.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hey Ram'n It have you heard anything about this whole diesel smog thing getting repealed, I got a letter from a friend of mine at the Govs office that was written from the ARB that made mention that they were going to repeal the diesel smog due to the pollution being less than they anticipated, but it did not specify which bill or law this was applied to cause I know there are a few floating around that affect us diesel truck owners and also another for the construction fleet industry.... I'll have to look for the letter and post it up and get some clarification from my friend in the govs office that keeps me informed about all the bs behind the doors that is hard for us john Q public to find out...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sounds good.
However, (being the ever cynical person when it comes to Calif politicians) I doubt they would want to lose this revenue stream. It's all about the money and control.

Funny how politicians won't cut a program because "the effects are negligible on the budget" yet they'll continue w/ a tax/fee even though the revenue as little effect on the budget.
Sorry for the little rant.

Anyway, I do hope what your friend says is promising!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Ram'n It have you heard anything about this whole diesel smog thing getting repealed, I got a letter from a friend of mine at the Govs office that was written from the ARB that made mention that they were going to repeal the diesel smog due to the pollution being less than they anticipated, but it did not specify which bill or law this was applied to cause I know there are a few floating around that affect us diesel truck owners and also another for the construction fleet industry.... I'll have to look for the letter and post it up and get some clarification from my friend in the govs office that keeps me informed about all the bs behind the doors that is hard for us john Q public to find out...
No I haven't heard any thing about that. I find it hard to believe that they would stop the program after every thing they have done to implement it, and all the extra money the state is making off it too. But hey you never know when it comes to this screwed up state.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts