Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On way home truck was running good.
I had 15Lbs presure showing on fuel gauge. Truck just died and would not start again

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
First off how much diesel do you have? Mine did the same thing and it had 1/8 of a tank i put a fuel pump on it and it turned out to be out of diesel. Pull the line off of the fuel filter coming from the fuel pump turn the key on, see if you have fuel If you do then check your outlet line on the fuel filter side to check the fuel filter. If there is no fuel comin out of the pump and you have plenty of diesel Disconnect the 2 prong plug on the fuel pump power. Take a test light have someone turn the key on. Does it light up? if so and you have no fuel at all coming out of the pump its the pump. 179 at orielly's for an improved aftermarket oem replacement.. Just make sure you have plenty of diesel mine runs out at 1/8 of a tank now like i said. Hope this helps let us know!

-Jeremy:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Also. . .if you have no power going to the pump check the relays make sure you have power to everything and if you need you can swap in say the horn relay in place of it till you can get a new one. They are all the same except for a couple

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just fllled up full tank I can here it running. It grings pressure up to 15 psi

·
Registered
689 Posts
Scan for codes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts