Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the recent cold weather, it dawned on me to plug my rig in overnight…. i searched and searched and searched and searched, can't find a plug?! Seems like a 2012 2500 that was purchased new in the northeast US would come with that, am i overlooking something? :confused013:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
There is a black screw on cap above you oil filter, you will have to buy the cord yourself most trucks don't come with cord but all have block heater from factory. Remove that black cap and that's the plug for the cord to go in.

Reactions: Xrayhand131

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a black screw on cap above you oil filter, you will have to buy the cord yourself most trucks don't come with cord but all have block heater from factory. Remove that black cap and that's the plug for the cord to go in.
Thanks! Next question: why in the hell would they not include a simple chord on a $65,000 truck!?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Or it may have one, if so it's by the passenger side front to hook tucked in there some where.

Reactions: Xrayhand131

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
????? You only get the cord if you have the cold weather package.
I don't have a "cold weather badge", but it did come with front and rear heated seats, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel etc… so I'm guessing that is the cold weather package

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
I don't have a "cold weather badge", but it did come with front and rear heated seats, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel etc… so I'm guessing that is the cold weather package
Cold weather package has nothing to do with the occupants not being cold..Those are creature comforts. Cold weather package is a front covery, battery wraps, etc.. Things that help the truck run during extreme colds that customers see in the northern states...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
582 Posts
the cold weather package has nothing to do with those options, it is simply a winter front that is in a plastic bag (mine was under the rear seat) and a cord for the block heater that comes out right behind the passenger side tow hook.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm… well my batteries are wrapped, no winter front or chord tho. Either way, I need a chord. Im surprised that i haven't had any issues cranking up yet, being in -30 degree weather and all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmmm… well my batteries are wrapped, no winter front or chord tho. Either way, I need a chord. Im surprised that i haven't had any issues cranking up yet, being in -30 degree weather and all
Yeah, mine didn't have it either and I bought my truck in Dayton, Ohio. My batteries are wrapped also but no cord is near the passenger side tow hook. I also have a front bumper replacement and there is definitely no cord there. I'm getting ready to move to Colorado, so if someone has the part number handy for the parts needed for the cord, it would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
56 Posts
????? You only get the cord if you have the cold weather package.
Not always true...
Ordered the cold weather group, didn't get the cover or the cord, but paid for the option. Dealer now scrambling...:doh:
Go figure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not always true...
Ordered the cold weather group, didn't get the cover or the cord, but paid for the option. Dealer now scrambling...:doh:
Go figure.
Heater cord installed and cold weather cover is now under the back seat. Should have been there in the first place. They charge us how much for "Dealer Prep"?:shock:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quick question while on this topic:

At what outside temperatures should one plug the block heater in? Living in Georgia I shouldn't have to worry about it often, but on the rare occasion it gets chilly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts