Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Diablosport Predator 2 tuner for my 2006 5.9 Ram and was wanting to hear a little feedback from any of you that may be running the same programmer. It's got four tunes as follows:

Diablo 100hp/250tq
Tow Performance 100hp/210tq
Light Tow Performance 80hp/210tq
Economy 80hp/190tq

I have to say, I'm very impressed by the bang for the buck in the power gains. Even on economy this thing rocks! The problem I have had is that support has been less than stellar. The tuner literature and advertising doesn't list any power numbers and it took me two calls to their support line to get a straight answer. The first guy told me that tow performance was the same as a "heavy tow" tune which would decrease power and be safer, but then the tuner itself warns that on tow performance you can only tow half the rating for the truck! Light Tow Performance is for towing full loaded weight. That could have been a disaster. The second guy was actually able to find the power numbers after a long search, but then told me to never tow on economy until I told him that the tuner itself says towing is ok up to the rated weight limit for the truck in economy and then he says "Oh, well it's ok then!" Kinda rediculous that customer support has next to no info on their product.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I'm guessing you're sharing your experience and don't have any questions?

·
Registered
599 Posts
He's asking if anyone is using this.
I've never even heard of it. Looks like half the price of a stealth.

Reactions: GRUNT 11B

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
He's asking if anyone is using this.
I've never even heard of it. Looks like half the price of a stealth.
Guess I forgot the first part of his post by the time I got to the end lol

Reactions: tryNto

·
Trying to learn
5,841 Posts
Don't recall anything ever being posted about it.

Reactions: rghavana

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't recall anything ever being posted about it.
This is what I’m finding. I can’t find any decent reviews except a few people claiming a good jump in mpg using economy mode. I read a bunch for the first Predator tuner and didn’t realize it wasn’t the same thing but I had already ordered it so figured what the hell, let’s try it. This one came out around 2015.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm guessing you're sharing your experience and don't have any questions?
Sorry, I know that got a little long but I’m really looking for feedback from anybody else who’s running this tuner and their experience with customer service if any

2,641 Posts
There is a reason why Diablosport is not a big player in the Cummins platform, although they are huge in other platforms.

Regardless, I hope you have gauges to monitor what the Diablo programmer is doing to boost, fuel rail pressure, EGT's etc.
Especially fuel rail pressure and boost. Raising fuel rail pressure and boost is the simplest way to increase performance on a CR Cummins.
High fuel rail pressure is bad for your injectors and excess boost levels are bad for your turbo.

Proceed carefully!

Edit: Well it is cheap. Of course by now you have discovered there are numerous and much better tuning options for your 2006 Cummins.

Reactions: tryNto

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I hate to be that guy, but every single one of those reviews looks faker than Kamala's new face. lol.

Reactions: StealthDiesel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hate to be that guy, but every single one of those reviews looks faker than Kamala's new face. lol.
You could be right, but I do find it somewhat promising that there are no bad reviews to be found anywhere. You can bet if it was a bad product that had been around for five years there would be some complaints. I can’t even find any Trash Talk on any of the forums

1 - 11 of 11 Posts