Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you guys give me some opinions on what you think of the diablo predator programmer? it's the first one I've tried, and haven't been able to compare it to anything.

also, dumb question- what is a silencer ring? :lol4:
thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
i have it on my truck and i like it. makes good hp esp on extreme but got to be careful on stock truck with no gauges. which is why i just ordered gauges.
the silencer ring makes the turbo quiter, lot of ppl have taken theirs out, thinking about doing mine but havnt yet. u can search it in top right corner and it should bring up some forums about it. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
got it on mine and my moms its really good and is comparable with smarty if u download the RLK tunes

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
i loved the one i had. just wish they make the rkl puff tune for the 06+

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I had one on my 07 truck. I thought it was awesome!! It will break trans parts running it on the RKL tune though. When I bought mine the price was insanely low for the Predator/Puck combo. It was definitely the best bang for the buck back then. I don't know what they cost now....

·
2,248 Posts
I liked it very much when I had it on the truck. Power was smooth and it never threw a code. Wanted more adjustability and power so I went to the Smarty. I may have kept it, if it would have been able to adjust for tire size. But I was very happy with it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the predator/puck stack and I like it. It can get kinda hot if you stay in it to long on extreme.

Can someone tell me what RKL tunes are out there and how I can get them?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
look on the diablo forum and theres a sticky for it in the dodge diesel section

·
Registered
317 Posts
I ran it and it shifted my tran like crap, and ran 150 degrees hotter than anything I have run.
the power and price was good but it lacked features that most programmers have. It also didnt provide the best Mileage gain I have gotten either

·
Registered
77 Posts
started with Edge...then Edge Hot Unlock...then Predator.
Predator RKL whipped Edge, and ran cooler.
Im keeping Edge for the guages, and trying to figure out the best way to stack it wih the Pred.
Im between RKL Puff tune with Edge on 0 so that it doesn't add timing, and RKL Puff Stack with Edge on 3-6. Havent determined which way is better yet..

·
Registered
77 Posts
started with Edge...then Edge Hot Unlock...then Predator.
Predator RKL whipped Edge, and rand cooler.
Im keeping Edge for the guages, and trying to figure out the best way to stack it wih the Pred.
Im between RKL Puff tune with Edge on 0 so that it doesn;t add timing, and RKL Puff Stack with Edge on 3-6. Havent determined which way is better yet..
Predator is a bargain. I got mine used on eBay for $167 delivered!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so the RKL tune, do I have to down load that? or is that the extreme tune?
on extreme my tranny felt like it was slipping so I have it on economy instead at the moment. I don't have any gauges yet either. how important are they? I don't get on it too much or for very long, I have a K&N intake and I just noticed that on the stock exhaust that the CAT was removed and a pipe has been welded in, where it used to be. I am looking into getting a new exhaust sooner than later.
thanks, any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
366 Posts
What model year truck do you have? The 03-04.5 do not come with the Extreme RKL tune and the 04.5-07 come with the tune.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an 04.5 , so the RKL tune is the extreme? or do I down load it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
What model year truck do you have? The 03-04.5 do not come with the Extreme RKL tune and the 04.5-07 come with the tune.
if i a not mistaken the programmer doesn't come with the tune, but you can download it. I downloaded the RKL-puff tune - 200 hp - into my 7130...

p.s. I am very happy with the Diablo, it has to be the best bang for the buck. Trying to figure out what works best, the RKL puff tune with the Edge on 0 or the RKL puff stack tune no timing and the Edge on 1-6

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts
if you get the same hp with the predator alone, then what is the purpose of stacking it with the power puck? :confused013:
From the guys at Diablo, the RKL stacked tune w/ puck was only 180hp but it had better low end acceleration. The 200hp is the RKL Extreme. This is for the 7130 and like I said, came from the Diablo guys.

·
Registered
606 Posts
can you guys give me some opinions on what you think of the diablo predator programmer? it's the first one I've tried, and haven't been able to compare it to anything.

also, dumb question- what is a silencer ring? :lol4:
thanks
Don't get it if:

1. You care about keeping your warranty
2. You plan on doing more than mild upgrades to the truck as there are no custom tuning options on the Diablo YET.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I had it for awhile. Great power for the price. Ran EGT's a little high and didn't like it for towing at even the lowest lvl. If it had tire size adjustment though i might have kept it. Went with a Smarty and the EGT's are way cooler.

·
Registered
489 Posts
its the best bang for buck..stack it with the mp-8 and it's way better... but if you wanna run anything higher than performance..get a tc and a vb first..idk but i'll bet the predator can run a close race with the smarty..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts