Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... Just received the predator and my question is will it be ok to drive in the performance mode (100 hp) with no guages. I am mainly looking for mpg's so needless to say I am easy on the truck. Mileage dropped from sock in the towing mode and I've read some guys see alot better mpg in the 100hp mode.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I actually leave mine on the extreme setting and get pretty good mileage. On a good tank I can get as much as 530 miles to the tank. Thats mixed city and highway driving, but mostly city.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Might be different with the cummins but my friend running a Diablosport in his powerjoke on the top setting with a completely stock truck only gets an additional 1 mpg but it runs fine. He's been running that setup for 40k miles, he just detunes it when he tows his 43' toyhauler

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
What year truck? If it's a Common Rail I will say NO! It raises EGTs considerably. The VP'd Puck, I believe, does timing, so you'd be okay...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My truck is a 2003 with the 5.9 . Its seems a have alittle more power but the mileage is actually less than the stock setting. Any ideas ? Can I stack this with anything else to help the mileage ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts