Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

diablo power puck on a stock trans

2286 Views 34 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  rickb1422
hey guys what do you think about the power puck with stock trans and my mods in my sig.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Oregon Chapter VP
1,308 Posts
You'll be fine!!! You have a FASS that is key before you do anything with fuling I had a puck on my truck before I got a FASS system and my tranny slipping and you can feel the power it gives you but it isn't enough to hurt you tranny too much. I'd say go for it you will like it for a while and want something bigger after a while!!!!!!!

· Registered
1,073 Posts
your tranny will be fine. i run an edge comp tapped and no slipping. just don't punch it at every light.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah im debating i dont want to blow the trans =/

· Registered
1,073 Posts
how many miles do you have?

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
78,000 miles

· I wanna go fast...
3,393 Posts
I ran a puck on stock trans (high miles) and it lasted 8 months. Add a VB to the trans and no issues should be had especially with your low miles.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahaha anything ican do to the trans to beef it up. not taking it out something i can do keeping it in the truck; for now

· Registered
1,617 Posts
hahaha anything ican do to the trans to beef it up. not taking it out something i can do keeping it in the truck; for now
Honestly your best bet would be a valvebody and converter. Those are the two weakest parts to these transmissions right next to the overdrive. But with that small of a programer you should be ok man.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet thanks alot. its a toss up between that or a new intake elbow

· Registered
1,617 Posts
sweet thanks alot. its a toss up between that or a new intake elbow
Personaly I'd go with the chip. I have all still not got a intake horn and I've heard from a lot of people that for the money you are pretty much paying for looks unless you replace the intake plenium as well.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea true. im cringing thinking about chippin it LOL

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hahahaha so true. im taking a ride to xtreme diesel xdp today.
ill let you know what i come home with.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah ita about an hour from me. so me and my buddy are gonna take a ride to beautiful, dirty, skanky south jersey.... cant wait to see what dieseases we get going down there.
if your not familiar with jersey its pretty filty hahahah. i really wanna go to texas this summer

· Registered
1,617 Posts
yeah ita about an hour from me. so me and my buddy are gonna take a ride to beautiful, dirty, skanky south jersey.... cant wait to see what dieseases we get going down there.
if your not familiar with jersey its pretty filty hahahah. i really wanna go to texas this summer
Yeah not familiar with it haha but I'll take your word for it. Well come on down haha but you're not missing much.......

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh trust me its got to be better than this place

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.