Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you running Juice/Attitude's and DPF/EGR deletes, how long do you have to wait to start while your codes clear? From what I read on Edge's site, you aren't supposed to start the truck before all codes are cleared.

With fuel prices being so high, I'm getting tempted to do some adds and removals. I just don't want to wait 5 minutes to clear codes before each startup.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
it takes about 10 seconds to do. If you are around this weekend we can get together and you can see.:thumbsup

·
Registered
419 Posts
how does this work with a remote start? i have the edge on its way and woud also like a remote start? will the edge be able to clear them with a remote start?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does the remote start have a delay that you could mess with? The delay could be changed on the remote start kit I had on my last truck...You need about 10 seconds between turning the key on and actually starting the truck.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would ask jonN I know there is a thread right now that he says that is what he does. Sorry dont remember the spelling for jon.

·
Registered
419 Posts
yea i asked him yesterday but didnt get a response yet

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You just set the timer that allows the grid Heater to warm up to about 10-15 seconds. If the remote start doesnt have that function i wouldnt put it on a diesel.

·
Registered
419 Posts
thanks comp

·
Registered
55 Posts
The remote starts in the north wait for the "wait to start" light to go out before firing the truck. That usually gives the edge enough time to finish the clear code cycle before starting the truck. I am sure if we contact Edge they might work something into the programming to help out with this delay for those of you remote starting in warm climates.

Yukon Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts