Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it, I cut the muffler off and had my local muffler shop weld a piece of pipe in its place, I left the resinator in , sounds really good , not to loud. the truck even seems to run smoother:peelout

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
If you do any towing,it sounds pretty good with a load behind her...:thumbsup

·
Registered
451 Posts
on a 2000? did it have a cat on it? proably not huh? im trying to decide if i should take my cat and muffler out of my 07. but not sure if i would hurt the computer or permorance taking the cat

·
Diesel Junkie
4,683 Posts
on a 2000? did it have a cat on it? proably not huh? im trying to decide if i should take my cat and muffler out of my 07. but not sure if i would hurt the computer or permorance taking the cat

If you have the 5.9 , then you can remove the cat and muffler with no codes or issues......except emissions checks...:w:
It will be loud though!If you have the 6.7,you'll need the dpf delete kit....:$:

Fill in your sig.when you have a second.....helps us help you.:thumbsup

·
Registered
451 Posts
thanks for the tip

·
Registered
451 Posts
do u think removing the cat and muffler will lower egts too?

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
It will definitely free up some of that back pressure, and should drop your egt's some. Good luck with the new truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts