Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm contemplating deleting since I'm out of warranty. I also live in a emissions county. For those of you that have deleted and have to deal with emissions, did you leave your egr in place? Did you do race pipes or a full exhaust swap? How long does it take to swap everything out? I'm not opposed to taking everything off, but wanted to hear from you guys first. As for tuning, I plan on going with double r diesel. Everything I've read about Rays tuning has been great! If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I've been out of the game for a long time.. but back in the day they didn't really check hard at some shops... best thing is to ask other who have deleted and did it at these low key shops. you could find a friend who lives in a non emissions county and register it there thats what I did. So when my wife lets me I can just get rid of the heavy crap underneath.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If i had to do emissions, I'd leave the egr on and stock down pipe. Only take an hour or so to put egr tube and exhaust back on
That's what I did with my 07. I don't have emissions now so I took it all off.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'd hate to switch every year. I was in Denver for 33 yrs, until 03, and the tests weren't that tough. Idk what it's like there now. I'm at Pueblo now and if they ever go to emissions I will register it out of state. Just have to carry insurance in the state it's registered. Craig

·
Registered
62 Posts
They Check

Im in Adams county. Just moved here from Durango and took my truck in to get it smogged. It failed for not having a dpf. everything else looks stock, so apparently they check pretty good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Go into a diesel performance shop and ask them your options... you will pay for it but they can get it to pass 'as is.' Don't ask, don't tell.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If you have a friend that lives in another county just register it there.
I live out of city limits in El Paso so we don't need it. But the city most definitely does.
Sorry, a bit late, I know. Future reference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts