Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Delete REDO. Getting Smarty Jr.

2214 Views 30 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Onelongshot
Ok OK I had the Smarty S67 on my truck and LOVED it. But I really never needed the higher HP settings. I sold that and my Pro Flo Delete Pipe. Now I just bought a expandit 5" turbo back and complete EGR delete and am buying the SMARTY JR next week...My question is, is there a "0" (stock Delete) setting on the JR. I dont want the fancy HP I just want the reliability and the better milage without mking my trans go BOOM! and def. without all emissions components.
P.S.
Also Why cant I just leave the EGR vavle connector disconnected like the XRT??? I know the directions stated on mads site...but why??
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
Ok OK I had the Smarty S67 on my truck and LOVED it. But I really never needed the higher HP settings. I sold that and my Pro Flo Delete Pipe. Now I just bought a expandit 5" turbo back and complete EGR delete and am buying the SMARTY JR next week...My question is, is there a "0" (stock Delete) setting on the JR. I dont want the fancy HP I just want the reliability and the better milage without mking my trans go BOOM! and def. without all emissions components.
P.S.
Also Why cant I just leave the EGR vavle connector disconnected like the XRT??? I know the directions stated on mads site...but why??
First question. Yes there is a stock horsepower setting on the smarty Jr. The settings are True Stock, Stock with deletes, MPG, TOW, and Performance.
Second Question. Yes you can leave the EGR valve unplugged. It will not hurt anything,but a little low end horsepower. You will not throw any codes or nothing. If you chose to go that route just be aware of the low end horsepower loss. Marco has stated this low end horsepower loss can be as much as 40hp.
If you have any more questions ask away please.
Andy

· Registered
2012 RAM 2500 SLT Regular Cab
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet deal thanks for the clear up! As crazy as it sounds I would prefer the low end loss. I had a 2001 5.9 and actually really like the fact that it took a little before it started moving out. Now with this new VGT and a 4.10 I barely press the skinny pedal and im at 20 mph right away. sure its nice but just a little too much... So if I put the TM setting on 4 will it be laggy in the biginning?? if 4 is less then 3 which is less then 2

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
Torque
The Torque selection can be programmed 1 - Stock, 2 - Mild, 3 - Soft (less than #2) or 4 - Light (less
than #3).
With the Default torque setting, Smarty chooses it according to the current CaTCHER level.

Injection Timing
The Timing selection can be programmed 1 - Stock, 2 - Smarty-standard, 3 - Mild (less than #2) or
4 - Advanced (more than #2).
With the Default timing setting, Smarty chooses it according to the current CaTCHER level.

Yep 4 would be less on the torque. Make sure you run #2 or #3 on the timing. #4 is advanced enough where you will get plenty of timing rattle especially when cold.
andy

· Registered
672 Posts
If by TM you mean timing then 4 is the highest. Mine rattled BAD w/timing on 4. Might just be cheap fuel, IDK. If by TM you mean torq. man. then 4 is the most wicked, meaning least TQ "management".

· Registered
672 Posts
I type too slow. You beat me.

· Registered
672 Posts
Torque
The Torque selection can be programmed 1 - Stock, 2 - Mild, 3 - Soft (less than #2) or 4 - Light (less
than #3).
With the Default torque setting, Smarty chooses it according to the current CaTCHER level.

Injection Timing
The Timing selection can be programmed 1 - Stock, 2 - Smarty-standard, 3 - Mild (less than #2) or
With the Default timing setting, Smarty chooses it according to the current CaTCHER level.

Yep 4 would be less on the torque. Make sure you run #2 or #3 on the timing. #4 is advanced enough where you will get plenty of timing rattle especially when cold.
andy
Huh, in my directions is says 4 on TQ. is the most wicked.

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
Huh, in my directions is says 4 on TQ. is the most wicked.
Straight from Mads site.
Torque
than #3).
With the Default torque setting, Smarty chooses it according to the current CaTCHER level.​

Injection Timing
With the Default timing setting, Smarty chooses it according to the current CaTCHER level.​

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
The Sr. Is the one that has wicked settings. The Jr. does not have any wicked or wild settings. Does this help?

· Registered
672 Posts
I use the word wicked as my way of explaining . I didn't even know it says it in the Sr. manual. My SJ76 manual says exactly:
Torque Management:
#0-Default
#1-OEM Stock Torque Management
#2-Mild
#3-More aggresive than #2
#4-More aggresive than #3

I take it as #4 is the most wicked.

***REVISED 12-16-09***********************

· Registered
672 Posts
Also on the Timing it says:
0stock, 1-OEM,2-Default low smoke, 3- MORE timing advance than #2, 4- MORE timing advance than #3.

************REVISED 12-16-09*******************

So evidentally they made some big changes on 12-16-09????????

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
Also on the Timing it says:
0stock, 1-OEM,2-Default low smoke, 3- MORE timing advance than #2, 4- MORE timing advance than #3.

************REVISED 12-16-09*******************

So evidentally they made some big changes on 12-16-09????????
Don't know where your manual came from, but online and the manual I got with my Jr. both looki identical to this one.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
See if this is clearer.
View attachment 21274
I am so confused, I thought all along that when messing with the TQ settings in revo, the higher the number, the less torque management, and the more aggressive the truck behaved.

When did this change, as 3 feels noticeably more aggressive than 2(default) on sw7 for me.

I will say this, Mads should make this as simple as possible. The higher the number, the more power, or more aggressive for every setting (timing, torque, and pressure). All it does is make things confusing by having conflicting information out there.

So which one is it Mads? Higher number revo setting for TQ, is it less or more? Why not update your documentation to show the correct info?

· Registered
672 Posts
I'm sorry, it's not the manual. It is the blue piece of paper that comes in the package that is titled "Smarty SJ67 tuning instructions for the REVOlution software". It came inside my sealed black box that the jr came in. Maybe they didn't put it in yours. Might want to ask Bob W. about it.

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
I am Sorry I stand Corrected.

I stand corrected. I have just received this letter.
Torque
The Torque selection can be programmed
#0 Default
#1 OEM Stock Torque Management
#2 Mild
#3 More Aggressive than #2
#4 More Aggressive than #3

Injection Timing
The Timing selection can be programmed
#0 Default
#1 OEM Stock Timing
#2 Default low Smoke Timing
#3 More Timing Advance Than #2
#4 More Timing Advance Than #3​
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...IMG_0001-1.jpg

· Registered
672 Posts
That's the one. Makes things alot different than they used to be & what I was used to from my Smarty jr. & Sr. for my '06 I had. Just think Andy, now you get a whole new tinkering project!!!!!! lol

Reactions: Onelongshot

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
That's the one. Makes things alot different than they used to be & what I was used to from my Smarty jr. & Sr. for my '06 I had. Just think Andy, now you get a whole new tinkering project!!!!!! lol
Know I am going to have to go thru the whole testing process with a new outlook.:thumbsup::hehe:

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Thanks for clairfying Andy. There is so many options and parameters that can be adjusted it really can get confusing.

I don't change my settings much, but I liek to be sure I know what I am messing with:thumbsup:

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
Thanks for clairfying Andy. There is so many options and parameters that can be adjusted it really can get confusing.

I don't change my settings much, but I liek to be sure I know what I am messing with:thumbsup:
Thanks Guys,
I just want to make sure that I provide accurate information. If I find that to be wrong I will step up and make the changes to make it right.
Andy

Reactions: LFD2037
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.