Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Delete and tuner

879 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  jpark
Hi guys, new to the forum and I am a Duramax guy myself so I have little knowledge on the new 6.7's. A buddy of mine got a 6.7 and was wanting to do the dpf delete and tuner. Is there a tuner that will get rid of the codes from the delete and if so, which is best. Sorry for the long winded post, thanks in advance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,834 Posts
a few will...its all in what type of tuner you want...what kinda power is he lookin for??

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He had an 06 with bullydog crazy larry. I'm assuming he wants something that will make similar power.

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Hi guys, new to the forum and I am a Duramax guy myself so I have little knowledge on the new 6.7's. A buddy of mine got a 6.7 and was wanting to do the dpf delete and tuner. Is there a tuner that will get rid of the codes from the delete and if so, which is best. Sorry for the long winded post, thanks in advance.
I'd recommend the H&S Performance XRT tuner.

They are fixing to release their 175 tune (standard issue on tuner once released).

I have the BETA version of the 175 right now, and it is just MEAN!!!

I think your friend would thoroughly enjoy it.

Also, H&S's customer service is second to none! They're great guys.

· Registered
1,834 Posts
ive read alot about them...so you do like them hey??

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you guys recommend for a delete

· Registered
1,834 Posts
umm ill have to find the website that has pretty good prices for them...4" or 5" is a nice delete

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts

· Registered
236 Posts
Give rsd a call and let him know what your lookin for and he can set you up sweet!
I have the xrt which works flawless and the 5" turbo back/no muffler. i love the sound, haven't heard a 4" system yet first hand.

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
And RSD would be a good place to start asking for a quote via PM. :thumbsup:
Amen to that Dad!

I got my stuff from James (Rollin' Smoke Diesel)...and he is an excellent guy to deal with. :thumbsup:

He's courteous and very knowledgeable.

Go ahead and get the 5" TBE (turbo-back exhaust), the XRT tuner, and the Shibby or H&S EGR delete kit (complete with cooler delete kit), and an AFE Mega-Cannon II air intake.

That's a winning combo, I can assure you!

· Super Mod
1,438 Posts
Smarty and XRT are the only two true code free programmers out right now. To be fully deleted and code free. As said before an 04.5 to 07 5.9 TBE will work while running SIMS in place of the stock EGT probes and you will also need EGR blocker plates or an aftermarket intake horn.

Rolling Smoke Diesel as well as a few other forum sponsors sell packages for both the XRT and Smarty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.