Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went from an 18 Ram 3500 standard motor, to a 2022 Ram 3500 with the HO, Asian. Brought it home from the Dealership with 43 miles on it. Seams as if I can watch the DEF gauge drop as I'm driving. I just have almost 1100 miles on it now, and it just took a 2,5 gal of DEF, is this searously going to use 2.5 Gal about every 1000 miles ?
I love the HO motor and Asian Trans over the Standard HP with 68RFE.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 2021 SO and it uses roughly 1gal per every 1K miles. Two 2.5gal bottles usually cover me 4500-5000 miles depending on how I am using the truck. It obviously uses more if towing.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not jugs, at the pump. Cheaper and fresher than jugs.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Depends where you are for me its not cheaper to go to the pump as its 45 mins to the closest def pump
That sucks, I have 5 or so options within 15 min.

·
White Lightning
2022 RAM 5500 Tradesman Crew Cab & Chassis 4X4
15,761 Posts
Depends where you are for me its not cheaper to go to the pump as its 45 mins to the closest def pump
That’s when one purchases DEF when it’s convenient...not necessarily when one is completely out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess i need to see where DEF is at the pumps in my area. I've got about 1500 miles on my new '22 2500 and its about 1/4 away (DEF gauge measurement) from hitting the red zone.

Other than Mopar DEF, is there another brand I should consider?

Also, is there a company that sells a DEF dipstick to know where the level is so I don't overfill?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I guess i need to see where DEF is at the pumps in my area. I've got about 1500 miles on my new '22 2500 and its about 1/4 away (DEF gauge measurement) from hitting the red zone.

Other than Mopar DEF, is there another brand I should consider?

Also, is there a company that sells a DEF dipstick to know where the level is so I don't overfill?
the cheapest **** ypu can buy is the best

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I just went from an 18 Ram 3500 standard motor, to a 2022 Ram 3500 with the HO, Asian. Brought it home from the Dealership with 43 miles on it. Seams as if I can watch the DEF gauge drop as I'm driving. I just have almost 1100 miles on it now, and it just took a 2,5 gal of DEF, is this searously going to use 2.5 Gal about every 1000 miles ?
I love the HO motor and Asian Trans over the Standard HP with 68RFE.

yes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. I just bought a $16 box of BlueDEF from Walmart. Will toss it in shortly.

Another question. So it’s not a good idea to buy 3-4 boxes of DEF to let sit around until it’s needed? Goes bad? I was going to just buy 3-4 boxes of the BlueDEF but didn’t. It goes bad if unused?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Thanks. I just bought a $16 box of BlueDEF from Walmart. Will toss it in shortly.

Another question. So it’s not a good idea to buy 3-4 boxes of DEF to let sit around until it’s needed? Goes bad? I was going to just buy 3-4 boxes of the BlueDEF but didn’t. It goes bad if unused?
If its not stored in extreme heat its usually good fir about a year so 3-4 boxes will be fine if you daily drive your truck

1 - 20 of 37 Posts