Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
My truck stock scaled out at 7,500lbs, don't know what the parts that fell off, and no def, made it change to.
Im not saying I get great mpg's all the time. Just around northern MN where I am for the summer. And when driving very nice not in a hurry.
The staties hear drive low maroon cars with a white hood, with headlights off, by the time ya see them its to late. So its best to go at max 2 or 3 over the limit. BUT, still have less traveled paved roads to kick it in the pants if having the need.
Driving all day on the interstate at 65-80 it changes things.
No matter what, its still a lot better than my brothers ford ecoboost for a heavy brick. And that's strange.
Setting 3 I run on, is more than 800 tq.
Factory tq on my 16’ is 800..... I would hope any tune would be more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
ok, I took a shot at doing this. Now that I have the new pump and def in it, it is not registering that there is any def in there, says 5 mph in 200 miles. Any ideas as to what is going on?

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
ok, I took a shot at doing this. Now that I have the new pump and def in it, it is not registering that there is any def in there, says 5 mph in 200 miles. Any ideas as to what is going on?
Level sensor sonar is built into the pump assembly, so either it's not working or some other fault.

Any codes?

·
P2609 Fanatic
1,900 Posts
Greetings @Bcamp01 :)
I'm no mechanic but since there havent been any replys lately I'll jump in and tell you what "I" would do.

Losing power to the selective cat reduction control module would probably give all those codes at once even if the DEF pump assembly was good.
Check 15 amp fuse #69 as being okay.

If the fuse is good and you want to dig deeper. . .
With key in RUN position look for +12 volts between pins 1 & 5 on the SCR module with 5 being positive and 1 being ground.

If it's there and you want to keep digging things get a little messy but there are other things you could check for. You'll be back-stabbing a bunch of pins on connectors hunting for "missing" signals which is never fun, but I can go on.
NOTE: If the power is NOT between 1 & 5 as mentioned above then you just found the problem.(y)

Good luck & keep us posted.

(BTW, not having your truck info in your signature is mighty aggravating) <hint-hint>
-Ej- :coffee:

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Greetings @Bcamp01 :)
I'm no mechanic but since there havent been any replys lately I'll jump in and tell you what "I" would do.

Losing power to the selective cat reduction control module would probably give all those codes at once even if the DEF pump assembly was good.
Check 15 amp fuse #69 as being okay.

If the fuse is good and you want to dig deeper. . .
With key in RUN position look for +12 volts between pins 1 & 5 on the SCR module with 5 being positive and 1 being ground.

If it's there and you want to keep digging things get a little messy but there are other things you could check for. You'll be back-stabbing a bunch of pins on connectors hunting for "missing" signals which is never fun, but I can go on.
NOTE: If the power is NOT between 1 & 5 as mentioned above then you just found the problem.(y)

Good luck & keep us posted.

(BTW, not having your truck info in your signature is mighty aggravating) <hint-hint>
-Ej- :coffee:
Thank you! I will check this stuff and see what I can find.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
ok, so I actually filled the def tank totally full and the 5 mph warning went away! Also, the check engine light went off while driving. It would still blink while on accessory and I could still scan and see the codes. My little obd scanner wouldn't clear it, so I took it to O'Reilly's and they cleared the codes and got rid of the blinking. Hopefully this is done for another 50,000-60,000 miles, lol. Time will tell I guess. I was able to get this def pump for a pretty good deal this time around. As long as no error codes come back, this was a pretty easy job. Not much harder than changing the oil on this truck ;).

While I love this truck, I may start keeping a look out for a good deal on a gasser. I will also think about dropping some of the extra crap off of this one. Thanks for all of the support!

·
P2609 Fanatic
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could you possibly give me a link for the pump you got. I cant seem to find a good deal on them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Could you possibly give me a link for the pump you got. I cant seem to find a good deal on them?
It looks like they have gone up everywhere, sounds like my kind of luck. Summit Racing had them for $9XX, now up over $1200. Believe it or not, I went the ebay route. The guy has sold a lot, he states that he had a fleet of diesels that switched to Fords. He has one listed now at $950, seems to be the cheapest. If I had known, I would of bought 2 or 3 of more of them, lol. He had them listed at $700 when I bought. Good luck! Double check the fit, but I think this is the same model I bought.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks like one might get a bit of cow piss on him pulling the def pump.

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
Strange, seeing a lot of MOPAR parts sites saying the DEF pump 68192659AH is DISCONTINUED.

No alternate part number given, wonder what they expect you to do for a DEF pump???

And, that ebay link shows another seller that has one for $800, better grab it quick!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Looks like one might get a bit of cow piss on him pulling the def pump.
A little, but I unhooked the line in at the tank and siphoned most of it out. I heard that it was difficult to siphon from the def cap.

·
P2609 Fanatic
1,900 Posts
contemplating doing a delete instead of repairing stock setup.
Agreed @kbad, good point. (y)
Then there would be that much less expensive crap I'd have to keep on the shelf just waiting for the next failure to occur.
I could shorten the list a little...
Turbo,
Actuator,
NOX sensor,
DEF pump,
DEF injector,
Etc,
etc...

Reactions: kbad
41 - 59 of 59 Posts