Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m getting parts ready to p pump my 24v. I’ve got a guy willing to sell me this pump looks in good shape it’s been plugged up and not left open to sit at the elements. He says he pulled the engine with this pump on it out of a 6bt bread truck, and put it in his 96 truck. Was wondering if anyone could decode it for me and let me know if it can be used on my Cummins and what size pump it is 160/180/215 or if I should get it or not don’t want to waste my time with a paperweight as I know some of the 8.3 Cummins came with the p pump anyway numbers are
908 Bosch
371 04897
0 402 036 747
PES 6P 110 A 120 RS 3296

back of pump #’s
Qv 400_1250 PA 1014-1K
DC No. 392 1837

also if anyone has any other info I should be asking or looking for I would appreciate it I’m not too familiar with the p7100 but I definitely am looking forward to the reliability aspect, Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but If I remember correctly the 908 doesn't mean too much there was a thread on competition diesel about this once but it said the only numbers that are important were the last three. For the life of me I cannot remember but that'll tell u if it's a 215 aka for a manual vs the 180 which was for the automatic. Hope that gives u a little help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but If I remember correctly the 908 doesn't mean too much there was a thread on competition diesel about this once but it said the only numbers that are important were the last three. For the life of me I cannot remember but that'll tell u if it's a 215 aka for a manual vs the 180 which was for the automatic. Hope that gives u a little help
None of those numbers are located anywhere on the pump

·
Vendor
8,735 Posts
PES 6P 110 A 120 RS 3296
not a p7100. It is a P3000

11mm pump. about 400HP max if you turn it up and can get it to work. Changing barrels and plungers may be an option. if sos about $900 for the parts + labor and gaskets so you would be close to $2000 from most fuel shops. Confirm with a fuel shop. Might want to keep looking.

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Shoot, I'm embarrassed I should have caught that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts