Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you may know I was having trouble trying to figure out which tires to go with. I was planning on getting the new BMF rehab wheels on 35/12.5/20 Toyo MT. Well after my trip from Alaska to Texas my AC took a dump on me in Denver, so I had to get that replaced. That was a bunch of money spent ( had to get that done tho, way too hot here in Texas ) :hehe:

So after a lot of thought I decided on the 295/70/17 Nitto Trail grapplers. The tires are great and I think look awesome. The pics don't do it justice. I have ZERO rubbing and I am completely stock, not lift or level.
I still need to wash it and repaint my wheels. Well here it is.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Im usually not a fan of stock wheels but yours looks good. Get the new wheels on and post up some pics!

Reactions: Silver70

·
Mega Cab Fanatic
536 Posts
They look grate, you will be very please wit them I got the same size tire on my dually and they do grate off road.

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im usually not a fan of stock wheels but yours looks good. Get the new wheels on and post up some pics!
I won't be getting new wheels... I "was" going to get the BMF and Toyos.. but with my ac going out and replacing that.. it put me n a bind to where I could only afford just tires.

Maybe when these wear down ill get a new set of tires n wheels. But for now I'm happy.

Washed the truck tonight, going to wax it and redo my stock wheels. I'll post those pics tomorrow.

·
Diesel Head
2,692 Posts
nice looking truck i like the no chrome look

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks good!!

good lookin rig. i love the black accents. esp the door/tailgate badging. i did mine aswell and matched the paint to my black two tone. no question its custom when u see it. its the little rhings that set them apart.

really like the grill and bumper too. how did u do them? did u have the chrome stripped or what. is bumper oem?

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks... Yea not too many like this one out there other than David's.. (Big Swole). My twin lol

It's all factory OEM bumpers. I used a paint called Plasti Dip. You can get it online or at like Lowe's, Home depot, and I'm sure other places. It's like $7 /can. I put on 5 layers. Used about 4-5 cans for everything.

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, no prep work at all... You really don't even have to tape anything off.. bc it rubs off, if you want to.

Under it is nice chrome like normal. What u do is, tape off like 2" around what you wanna paint. Like say the emblems. Then spray it with 3-5 coats. Then you peel off the excess. And it takes off the other stuff but not what you wanted to.

Idk, its weird. It's kinda like a rubber, line x type paint. Best is, if you don't like it you just peel it off.

There are a few videos on line.

·
Diesel Head
2,692 Posts
yeah its good stuff i use it on all sorts of stuff...

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do... I will also add that I got my tires from discount tire and the people were very helpful and cut me a great deal. Also rotated my moms tires for her for free. She was unaware that it was free and told me she will be a lifetime customer for them. Lol

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have the same tires just 35 12.50 18s. love them. got em mounted on some moto metal 962s. i think they look sweet. my trucks black and the rims are to.would look sick on yours.

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok guys... I've had the tires maybe 1200-1500 miles. The truck has been down about a month getting new parts installed. I've been driving the past 4 days and I'm getting a weird feeling up my back, its like the tires are bumpy or something.
It's like I'm constaly driving on the portion of the road on the right side. The cuts in the road to warn you that your drifting off.
It seems to happen after 55mph, any slower it doesn't really do it.

Is this a problem or is that just what happens going to a mud tire? But that's the thing, this didn't happen a month ago... And I didn't change anything on the suspension or anything.

Thanks for the feed back.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Let em wear down just a little. mine did the same for maybe 100 to 200 miles. they're solid as a rock now. i have around 10k miles on em and they are doing awesome. great tires.

·
Premium Member
6,760 Posts
I've hear the trail grapplers will tend to pull to the right, is that what you've found?

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No, no pulling at all... Just a little bumpy it feels at high speeds. But under 55mph it goes away.. I'm thinking maybe from being parked for a month it developed a flat spot that needs to be ironed out. But I would think that is kinda short time for that to be developed.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Their are all these horror stories about these mud tires. I've had nittos, toyos, and coopers and never had a single problem with them.keep em aired up, balanced, rotated, and aligned and your good to go.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I also have the Nitto M/T's 35 on 18's. They pull to the left, but wear well and are not too loud for a mud tire. Love your black badges, I plan on doing the same to mine soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts