Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 mega that I plan to debadge. It is mineral gray and is outside in the daytime about 3/4 of the time (Iowa). Will the paint be faded enough yet to show where the badges were? Thanks-Jim

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
No, on a '06 it should not show the old badge imprints at all. After you get the adhesive off, just buff it with a good wax and you'll never know they were there.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I agree unless something was wrong with your paint to begin with you should be fine.....I did my black truck before this truck and plan on doing it soon to my silver one.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Smoking diesel where are ya! he's the resident detailer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a question on this subject. I started debadging my 05 over the weekend. Expecting it to take no more than a half an hour. This is the most painstaking debadging I have ever done...and I've done it to all of my vehicles. Anybody have any tips and tricks or products they use??

The adhesive is pretty strong and its got some pretty thick foam like stuff on it, and I can't find a way of getting it off short of scraping with my fingernail. It literally took me 3 hours to get the C and DODGE 2500 off of 1 side!! and now my thumb is sore too from the scraping...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yea, you can pick up an eraser wheel at your local autopart store for around 20 bucks. Just use some fishing line to work the badges off and then hit it up with the eraser wheel. It works awesome and it takes off every bit of that adhesive, just becareful not to stay in one spot too long or the paint will get really hot.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've always had good luck with applying some Goo Gone over the badge and letting it soak in for a few minutes. After I heat it up with a hair dryer, the badge comes off a lot easier. Then I'll keep applying Goo Gone to the rest of the adhesive and wiping it off with a microfiber cloth until it's gone. I would also wax the spot when you're done removing the badge.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a body shop do my '06 last month. Came out looking great! No fading. They removed the badges and adhesive and then polished the areas clean.

·
Registered
374 Posts
debadging

I had a body shop do my '06 last month. Came out looking great! No fading. They removed the badges and adhesive and then polished the areas clean.
what'd it cost ya.?

·
Registered
46 Posts
FORGET GOO GONE
3m makes and adhesive rermover that makes the removal a joke.

it comes in a little 6 oz bottle and i didnt use half of it taking off my badges and took only about an hour to do the entire truck

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
goo gone!! works and looks great

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered