Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Anyone ever pull off the chrome door strips that come with a Laramie? I got fired up and pulled one off and there's a massive bead of black silicone splitting the middle between the two adhesive strips.. eraser wheel from 3M isn't doing anything to it ... any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Anyone ever pull off the chrome door strips that come with a Laramie? I got fired up and pulled one off and there's a massive bead of black silicone splitting the middle between the two adhesive strips.. eraser wheel from 3M isn't doing anything to it ... any help is appreciated!

Mine were held on with 2 strips of the typical foam adhesive tape. I wonder if yours was loose and someone "fixed" it with cheap adhesive sealant instead?

It's worth it if you want a clean look to take them off. I love mine without the badging and door spears.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Heat gun--->eraser wheel--->goo gone for any stragglers---> clean, polish and wax is my typical process.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Heat gun--->eraser wheel--->goo gone for any stragglers---> clean, polish and wax is my typical process.
Exactly what I do, except use spray adhesive remover. Eraser wheels are awesome!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I used some thin weed trimmer line to remove mine. Heat up with air gun and used my thumbs to remove most adhesive, then rubbed on some De-Solv-It Contractor's Solvent I bought at the hardware store using a microfiber cloth. Lastly, a little alcohol to clean it up and a fresh coat of wax. This method worked pretty well for me.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
5,810 Posts
fishing line, plastic putty knife, and carb cleaner to get the badge off, eraser wheel to get whats left off, clean, and buff and you are done. I did have the use wheed wacker cord on my long horn badge as the fishing line just wasn't cutting through the amount of adhesive they used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered new badges for the truck some time ago, and never put them on after staging them. Something so right about a de-badged Cummins. Who needs a badge when your truck sounds like a tractor!? If you don't know its a Cummins you're out or your own league and it doesn't matter anyway!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heat Gun and/or WD-40 does the trick! A few posts basically asking this same question...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Goo gone/WD-40 works great and fishing line with some heat will take them off perfect. Plastic tools make life easier when removing left over adhesives just wrap end of tool with a microfiber and then you can ensure no scratches.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts