Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

debadge question

820 10
i got all my emblems off and realize it looks really stupid with the bump strip still on there(its black) does anyone know if the bump strip thing on the doors are held on with clips or tape or both? i mean obviously there is tape there cause i can see it but are there also clips in there? i dont want to get half way through and then realize there are clips in there?

thanks in advance!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
1996 Ram 2500 Laramie Reg Cab 2WD 5 spd : 2019 Ram 4500 Reg Cab with CM bed
I took mine off last week and yes, it is just held on with tape. I went to an auto body supply store and bought one of those eraser wheels that you can attatch to a dril and the whole job took me about 15 minutes. It is so much easier to use that than to do it by hand. Just make sure you don't do it too fast and take your paint off.

Registered
Yep just tape, I took off the spears completly by hand they aren't as bad as the badges, and the eraser wheel made short work of the tape, can be had for $10 on ebay.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
took me 30 min with an eraser wheel and some fishing line. it was 80* so i didnt need heat. very easy thing to do and makes the truck look a hundred times better!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.